Pumapeople: MP3 attachment to 5000 RDS EON series - any suggestions ? - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MP3 attachment to 5000 RDS EON series - any suggestions ?

#1 User is offline   leeprc 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 March 2003 - 10:14 AM

Hi Folks,

I'd like to play music from my MP3 player through the car stereo - but think there must be a better way than using one of those cassette adaptors - perhaps there is a way to use the CD-Changer input in some way ?

Any suggestions welcome,

Thanks,

Panada.

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 March 2003 - 10:44 AM

Ford has released an Focus called MP3 ???? - and, yep, you've guessed it, it's got a CD player with MP3 support - you could try getting hold of one of these head units as a part from a Ford dealer....

#3 User is offline   broxy 

Posted 08 March 2003 - 03:44 PM

I doubt ford do their MP3 player in silver to match dashboard.
Maybe you should look at a third party head unit that supports MP3 and spray the adaptor silver.10.gif
Rodney..."Why do they call him trigger,is it cos he carrys a gun?"

Delboy..."Nah...it's cos he looks like an orse!"

#4 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 08 March 2003 - 04:18 PM

Yep, you're right. I'm pretty sure that it only comes in Dark Medium Graphite (Dark grey laugh.gif) However, I also think that it's the same shade as the heater controls and air vent / instrument cluster surround on the later 2000 shape Fiesta's. These bits would swap over to the Puma.

Most dealers have a Focus MP3 in stock by now. So it's worth a look to see if the MP3 head unit works in the Puma. I've not yet tried myself :wink:
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   101 

Posted 08 March 2003 - 04:22 PM

Yep, you're right. I'm pretty sure that it only comes in Dark Medium Graphite (Dark grey  :lol:) However, I also think that it's the same shade as the heater controls and air vent / instrument cluster surround on the later 2000 shape Fiesta's. These bits would swap over to the Puma.

Most dealers have a Focus MP3 in stock by now. So it's worth a look to see if the MP3 head unit works in the Puma. I've not yet tried myself  :wink:

Chris, assuming its the ford std din, the rest will be down to software and laser read, so should be fine, might get one and change front covers (if poss)

:wink: :wink: :arrow:
Steve 'N' TB4
Chaos, panic, & disorder - My work here is done
HEAD ZINCHEAD OF THE YELLOW POSSE
Save A Tree, Eat Some Beaver
TWOFIVE weeks and counting TB4's semi retirement party is comingBLOODY FORD

#6 User is offline   jezza 

Posted 08 March 2003 - 05:03 PM

:evil: To be honest I was just gonna opt for a Pionner CD player with MP3 playing ability. I know the Pionner come in a silver - this will kinda match the silver facia - but dang who else cares about the colour - my windows are tinted to keep prying eyes out!

#7 User is offline   MarkH 

Posted 11 March 2003 - 02:02 PM

how much does it cost to get a puma tinted????
MarkH - 2002 Puma Thunder

#8 Guest_Matt and Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 March 2003 - 02:33 PM

About 300 quid

#9 User is offline   jezza 

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:24 PM

Depends on who yah know - I didn't want reciepts - paid £180 cash.

No rubbish either - I got a dark limo tint on the back and rear quaters and a medium style tint on the sides.

I didn't want the car looking cheap and nasty - the darker tint on the rear quaters really sets it off.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic