Pumapeople: exhausts!! - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

exhausts!!

#1 User is offline   TEARINDON1 

• Group: Members

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:15 PM

I want to invest in an exhaust system.I have noticed that Moongoose exhaust systems are a lot more expensive than Magnex systems, is this because they are louder or have better performance. I'm more interested in performance, I don't want too much noise.
Which one would you recommend? Also which one has the smaller back box?!

#2 User is offline   kitkat 

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:54 PM

This is what the magnex looks like :? www.pumapeople.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=98
Previous discusions seemed to recommed Powerflow exausts, still have the standard system, at the moment, so can not really recommed any system, yet..

#3 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 April 2003 - 03:13 PM

If you are genuinely intersted in performance rather than just "looks and sounds" then get a 4-2-1 tubular manifold made or get a FRP one if you can. You can also replace the standard cat with a free'r flowing performance cat.

If you are after "looks and noise" then AFAIK the mongoose rear silencer is now as large as the Magnex one sad.gif Much better to get a Powerflow or Silverline exhaust box custom made - they will also do a cat back system for around £350 with a choice of tail pipes! corrr :roll:
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#4 User is offline   TEARINDON1 

Posted 23 April 2003 - 03:24 PM

Cheers turby. How much would the FPR system cost and how much would the 4-2-1 manifold cost and where exactly is it placed? Is £350 an approx price for the full customised powerflow exhaust system?

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 23 April 2003 - 03:26 PM

it is FRP.. depends u would be looking to see if u could get one from a scrappy I expect.. note sure on cost but quite a few pennies.
Powerflow prices vary depending on where in the UK u r, up north cheaper than south.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   jezza 

Posted 23 April 2003 - 03:53 PM

After speaking to Lisa I decided to opt for a powerflow system - priced from £285 - £315 (price also depends on the tail pipe size) including fitting.

#7 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 April 2003 - 06:40 PM

Cheers turby. How much would the FPR system cost and how much would the 4-2-1 manifold cost and where exactly is it placed? Is £350 an approx price for the full customised powerflow exhaust system?

The FRP system also includes a performance cat and I reckon it would set you back around £550 the 4-2-1 manifold another £250 ish ... someone might post up more accurate prices. The problem is obtaining the items... AFAIK you can't buy new unless you already have an FRP... though you might be able to source secondhand... all parts plus fitting of course...

A custom built manifold will start from around £400 fitted. As you can see genuine performance mods don't come cheap!

HTH
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#8 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 23 April 2003 - 06:52 PM

and then the labour.... committed I expect to take on that sort of mod smile.gif
keep us posted though plz smile.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#9 User is offline   TEARINDON1 

Posted 23 April 2003 - 11:31 PM

I think I may opt for a powerflow exhaust system as it seems better value for money but I will continue to do my research. If anyone has any other Exhaust reccommendations please post!

#10 User is offline   Deano 

Posted 24 April 2003 - 06:24 PM

Milltek do a good system by the look of it,but i have never seen one on a car. good price, and they have a good name in performance car circles.

As you said yourself keep looking.

#11 User is offline   carey 

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:55 PM

I'm thinking of getting a Miltek in a few weeks time. I've got a pic somewhere I'll try to dig out laugh.gif
Ex mummy of Pedro - X27 KAT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic