Pumapeople: 1.6 Zetec-SE, competition engine components, plz help - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1.6 Zetec-SE, competition engine components, plz help

#1 User is offline   TOXIC 

• Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2003 - 01:07 AM

I have 1.6 Zetec-SE engine with dual Dellorto carbs + Haltech IG5 management + Farndon Engineering con-rods + 280 duration rally spec Pipercams.

I need 79mm bored high compression pistons and uprated valve springs. I'd be so happy if someone knows where I can get them. :cry:

Pipercams have valvesprings for 1.6 listed as VDSFOC but they aren't under production even after a year has passed. They told me to switch to 1.7 tappets and stuff but it needs head machining and lots of more components to work out which makes it cost over 500 quid. C'mon, it's just valve springs :? I've been

Any recommendations appreciated smile.gif

#2 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 April 2003 - 02:38 PM

You can either deck the block or skim the head, depending on how much compression you're after. and you may need to re-pocket the valve cut-outs. Also be wary about loosing too much squish area as performance will be compromised.

Quite a few people do one-off pistons, they aren't cheap though, expect to pay from £600 to £1000 per set and anything up to 3 months for delivery.

Try Ross, Cosworth, Accralite, Omega or JE.

For valve springs have you spoken to Paul Ivey ? they do most of the valves for cosworth, piper, kent, etc...

Burtons ight be able to help you on this engine as its a lot more common (hence been tuned) than the 1.7...

HTH
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#3 User is offline   ALAN at PUMABUILD 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2003 - 06:44 AM

I'm sure James Lister & Sons make pistons in there motorsport section and one of them are accralite they are based in West Bromwich in the West Midlands i think they do some work for F1 teams.
They do other motorsport stuff but its not the Barry Bolt on type of set up

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic