Pumapeople: Frp 347 28,500k Miles - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Frp 347 28,500k Miles Alas it will have to go.......

#1 User is offline   maineman1963 

• Group: Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:01 AM

Well after owning 347 since May 2006 and intending to keep it changes in my personal circumstances ( cannot keep 2 cars !) mean I am open to sensible offers. Will be advertised on Ebay and elsewhere but would prefer a forum member to take it on.... !

Details :

FRP 347 on a X plate
mileage is 28,600 ish with MOT's etc back this up
MOT Oct 2008
Tax Macrh 2008
Service record not "complete". Had an annual std service at Ford Dealer April 2002, 8k miles. Annual service at Pumaspeed, July 2005, 18600 miles inc oil, plugs. Assumed cambelt not been done as Pumaspeed cannot confirm. Had oil done Oct 06 when MOT was done. 4 Goodyear F1 tyres fitted Aug 2005 hence have done approx 8/9k miles with plenty of tread left on all 4.

Has had done:
Piper stainless manifold and full decat system - Pumabuild June receipt to prove
Brake service.... Eldoodarino on here... but see below.
Full service inc cambelt + aux belt Oct 07 and MOT. New front bushes. Pumabuild.. receipt to prove. Servcie book needs to be stamped as was left at home when car went in .... dohhh. will get it to PB after post strike.

4 previous owners - I bought off a Forum member who emigrated.
Was HPI clear when I bought it, report available, no accidents since, no finance owing.

All books inc the 347 FRP supplement inc. Have a copy of the FRP brochure, Puma book, Racing Puma CD x2, has stainless steel door strips ( Pumabuild). F2 spoiler not to the purists liking but looks good.

Bad points :
1. Has got brake judder... needs new discs/pads.... I have factored this in to the price , knocking approx £600 off

I am only selling as have been holding on after a marriage separation but I may have to move house ( rented) and possibly garage but truth is have to tighten my purse strings... ( paying for 2 homes... kids/wife in other one !!! ).

So I am open to SENSIBLE offers around £6/6.5k for a low mileage FRP but ask !!!! ..... apart from brakes needs nothing doing, serviced, cambelt done etc. Pictures available email me suite16@hotmail.co.uk

I am based in Uttoxeter, Staffs about 20 mins from Stoke and also Derby, just off the A50.
ex-owner of FRP 347 believe it is now R.I.P ! ...... now driving ....................... yes.... a Mondeo diesel. so per my daughter I am now Mondeo man, after Scoobies, BMW M5 etc etc .... ex-wife probably thinks how the not so mighty have fallen !!!

#2 User is offline   maineman1963 

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:23 PM

Bump......... should have read 28,500 miles !

Brake service included 2 new pistons, rest were cleaned and wire brushed...
ex-owner of FRP 347 believe it is now R.I.P ! ...... now driving ....................... yes.... a Mondeo diesel. so per my daughter I am now Mondeo man, after Scoobies, BMW M5 etc etc .... ex-wife probably thinks how the not so mighty have fallen !!!

#3 User is offline   pumarv6 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:47 PM

Eeek...wire brushing pistons ohmy.gif

#4 User is offline   Big Boy Al 

• View gallery

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:48 PM

thats what i thought ohmy.gif
Posted Image
FRP 241 RINGMEISTER -23 LAPS = 296.7 MILES COMPLETED, MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR

#5 User is offline   eldoodarino 

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:39 PM

mm me too.... not by me wink.gif
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#6 User is offline   eldoodarino 

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

roflmao.gif visions of somone scraping away with a big wire srubbing brush.... sounds funny... laugh.gif laugh.gif

thought i should clarify a little..... quite often i get people to help out a little by cleaning pad retaining rails and pistons while i sort out other nitty gritty bits of corrosion problems etc.... if £££ is an issue or sometimes in the past if i havn't had enough new pistons in stock, sometimes the only way to get out some of the inbedded dirt out of the corroded piston is with a little brass tooth brush or emery cloth.... yes, not ideal as new should always be fitted if there is corrosion evident, but keeps them going for a few more months... cool.gif

before i got my own spec pistons made up, having a full set of Alcons ones on standby just wasn't an option!.... i'd usually try to keep half a set in stock which was still a couple of hundred quids worth...

chris
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#7 User is offline   60s mod 

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:06 PM

Hi ELDOODARINO did you do the work on the brakes if so is it a good buy at the price, and what work is required on the brakes to bring up to standard

#8 User is offline   eldoodarino 

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:22 PM

new discs are needed (as stated already)..... tho, i recommend taking it somwhere to get the hubs\flanges checked for runout before fitting nice new expensive discs as the vibration was quite severe when i drove it... (altho, this may have improved since the service)....

p.m seller for info... as it is his thread and his car..... don't want to turn his thread into an all out Alcon discussion... smile.gif

Regards

Chris

This post has been edited by eldoodarino: 21 October 2007 - 02:21 PM

Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#9 User is offline   60s mod 

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for the reply Chris, much appreciated good.gif

#10 User is offline   maineman1963 

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:50 PM

Hia folks,,,, thanks Chris for the replies ( have been away the weekend).

Didnt wire brush the pistons ( dozy tw*t me) but the rails etc as CHris very kindly pointed out.... Chris did the work I just did what I could that was harmless !!!

Any questions please PM me or email to suite16@hotmail.co.uk... car will have to go so anyone want a decent FRP for good money let me know !!

Cheers

David

#11 User is offline   maineman1963 

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

Now listed on Ebay today, 10 day auction.... will see, think price is very competitive but several for sale right now ...

Item number on Ebay is 150176742590, any questions please come back to me.... cheers David

#12 User is offline   maineman1963 

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:45 AM

Big bump !!!

Auction closes today...... 1500 visits, 40+ watchers.... only 2 bids , up to £4600 ..... oh dear ! Too many for sale me thinks ?

#13 User is offline   maineman1963 

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:13 PM

Bad time of year to be selling...... plenty of questions etc but no hard and fast bids of any note. Might look at a cheaper PX + cash to free up some of the money I have tied up in 347. So if anyone has or knows someone after a decent FRP with an " interesting" PX then drop me a message... otherwise 347 will stay in the garage, with the occasional run out to keep it happy !

David

#14 User is offline   lisafrp 

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (maineman1963 @ Nov 20 2007, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad time of year to be selling...... plenty of questions etc but no hard and fast bids of any note. Might look at a cheaper PX + cash to free up some of the money I have tied up in 347. So if anyone has or knows someone after a decent FRP with an " interesting" PX then drop me a message... otherwise 347 will stay in the garage, with the occasional run out to keep it happy !

David

You could also place this ad on the FRP Forum
Lisa
Racing Puma Owners Club
www.rpoc.co.uk

#15 User is offline   maineman1963 

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:12 PM

Looks like 347 has been sold... guy visited Saturday ( think on here but not sure)... left a cash deposit and aiming to collect next weekend. Sad day... but circumstances mean my baby has to go ! Genuine guy and sure 347 will get a good home...

UPDATE 1/12/07 ;;;

347 has been SOLD to an enthusiast, think a member on here. Sad day and sorry to hear it drive away.... but life moves on. Been enjoyable owning 347, costly at times as we all know FRP's can be.... a bunch of nice people on here, and met someone off here who has become a very good friend. Thanks PP ! Time for me to regroup,,, divorce looms in 2008 so now drive a Mondeo TDCi , 50 mpg and all the toys but .................

David

This post has been edited by maineman1963: 01 December 2007 - 04:38 PM

#16 User is offline   Copestake 

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:05 PM

Damn i would have had that

#17 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:46 PM

Very glad for your sake that the deal is done but sad from a personal point of view that we wont be conversing on here so much in the future David. Good luck for the future and I still think the better option was to sell the wife into slavery or seen if you could have p/x'd her for a couple of camels somewhere.

#18 User is offline   maineman1963 

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

Dave V4, thanks for the note. Helped me big time when we chatted before I bought 347.. proved to be a good buy and enjoyed every moment.. even allowing for the Pumabuild bills ;-)

Suspect will still browse on here and who knows in 12/18 mths time where I will be or what am doing. Selling the wife,,, nice idea for sure as they say life's a bitch then we marry one ! ooops not very PC that one

take care, catch you sometime may get to any meet just to see FRP's in the flesh again.

David ex-347 .... soon to be ex-hubby too lol I hope !

#19 User is offline   maineman1963 

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

Hia any mods see this the car is SOLD so can you lock the thread please ?

Best wishes to all on PP for Xmas !

David ex-347

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked