• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Track Day Turbo Puma Finished Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   bouncy 

• Group: Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (warrenpenalver @ Sep 4 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you eventually painting the rest of the car black?? ja_stupid.gif ja_stupid.gif

Be interested to know what it wieghs. Who made the bonnet??

Warren it weighs less than your focus/puma dash loom.................... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif , its painted black so easy to sell on, come on use your brains matey!!!!!!

I bought it of a guy on ebay who was selling a job lot of stuff, he sold the mould with the lot!!

Its not a bad fit to be fair, but at £40.00 who cares!!! dry.gif

Oh wont be painting car as new graphix kit will cover most of it anyway, why paint just wrap it........ wink.gif

#62 User is offline   warrenpenalver 

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (bouncy @ Sep 4 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its painted black so easy to sell on, come on use your brains matey!!!!!!

To the CHAV's who cant afford carbon so spray a bonnet black for the "look" from a distance?? laugh.gif wink.gif

You have the mould then???

Might be interested in renting/buying said mould to use for wet lay carbon after modding the mould for my bonnet shape differences. (i want to ditch the bonnet vent on my car but "stretch" the centre of the bonnet so it clears engine.).
Posted Image

#63 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (warrenpenalver @ Sep 4 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To the CHAV's who cant afford carbon so spray a bonnet black for the "look" from a distance?? laugh.gif wink.gif

You have the mould then???

Might be interested in renting/buying said mould to use for wet lay carbon after modding the mould for my bonnet shape differences. (i want to ditch the bonnet vent on my car but "stretch" the centre of the bonnet so it clears engine.).

Warren, can i just point out, just because my wife "Chantelle" and I are unemployed and rake in loads of dosh from the social for our kids "Brittany and Chardonnay" it dunt make me a Chav!!!!! cool2.gif wink.gif

I didnt buy the mould mate, he had made the bonnet and rear tailgate to sell seperately, he sold of his rally puma and loads of gear before i got them.

Oh, forgot to say, i have another Puma aswell..................................did i tell you.. its black..... roflmao.gif

#64 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

Well Guys, had the car out for the first time at Teesside Autodrome Track day.

What can I say, first ever track day and what fun!!!!!!. Car went with no problems whatsover and felt really good except for the excessive understeer when the Turbo spools up!!!!

I cannot believe ive never done this before "am I mad or something". Trackdays are brilliant, Fun, Rewarding and should have done this years ago..

Now I know what you all see in it.

I have a little vid clip, but cannot seem to be able to put it up!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=46pWJ738ajo

Car is now been stripped to fit bigger injectors, new fuel rail and fuel system. Im of to another Trackday hopefully a week on Saturday.!!!

This post has been edited by bouncy: 26 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

#65 User is offline   sparx 

• View gallery

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

It looks pretty awesome, well done on the build, i wish i could afford to do something like that!

#66 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

Just had a new fuel rail made, using 440 delphi's.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=46pWJ738ajo Teesside track day!

This post has been edited by bouncy: 26 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

#67 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:59 PM

View Postsparx, on 25 November 2009 - 05:28 PM, said:

It looks pretty awesome, well done on the build, i wish i could afford to do something like that!

Thank You!

#68 User is offline   warrenpenalver 

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

cool!!

Has it been back for its final mapping post run in?? Be good to see what it makes then!!
Posted Image

#69 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:46 AM

View Postwarrenpenalver, on 28 November 2009 - 05:42 AM, said:

cool!!

Has it been back for its final mapping post run in?? Be good to see what it makes then!!

Warren,

taking car to Emerald in the New Year for re-mapping, so yes it should be interesting how much it makes!!

#70 User is offline   Clawz 

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

Very nicely done; the engine bay but the total looks of the car as wel!
:good: x2 for the two thumbs i've got!! :beer:

I do agree with Spike on the rear spoiler tho... that needs to be replaced for an F2 style or something :P
Jon
Melina blue 1.7 (11-1997)
Honda VTR 1000 SP-2 (2004)

#71 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:26 PM

View PostClawz, on 11 January 2010 - 08:09 PM, said:

Very nicely done; the engine bay but the total looks of the car as wel!
x2 for the two thumbs i've got!!

I do agree with Spike on the rear spoiler tho... that needs to be replaced for an F2 style or something

Thanks for your thumbs up, really appreciate it.

Is the spoiler really that bad.............. ........ The car rear end feels really good and predictable on track. Ive just ordered some door cards, lighter mirrors and stopped eating big macs to loose more weight.

Heres a current pic of engine bay, lost the bulkhead shield,changed fuel reg. Polished wiper motor and painted matt black.

Posted Image

#72 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

What about that idea to brace the brake master cylinder?
This makes for increased solid responsive pedal feel I gather.
There is a KA Rally part that can be used for this, or you could brace to your strut brace like others have done.
There is a thread in the brakes/wheels section on this :)

http://www.pumapeopl...ce&fromsearch=1
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#73 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:28 PM

View Posthappy-kat, on 11 January 2010 - 09:40 PM, said:

What about that idea to brace the brake master cylinder?
This makes for increased solid responsive pedal feel I gather.
There is a KA Rally part that can be used for this, or you could brace to your strut brace like others have done.
There is a thread in the brakes/wheels section on this

http://www.pumapeopl...ce&fromsearch=1

The brace is to stop servo flexing on bulkhead which is common when manufacturers produce LHD and RHD vehicles. I personally dont like solid brake pedals as i feel they dont give you the feed back I like. Im quite impressed with the brakes at the moment. On the trackday i did, brakes were very good, good feed back and if anything to good.....................or I was going to slow....lol
Im always game for trying something new and will look into it, has anyone else fitted the brace and tracked their car and whats your opinion??

Cheers

#74 User is offline   Clawz 

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:41 PM

View Postbouncy, on 11 January 2010 - 09:26 PM, said:

Thanks for your thumbs up, really appreciate it.

Is the spoiler really that bad.............. ........ The car rear end feels really good and predictable on track. Ive just ordered some door cards, lighter mirrors and stopped eating big macs to loose more weight.

Heres a current pic of engine bay, lost the bulkhead shield,changed fuel reg. Polished wiper motor and painted matt black.

Posted Image

Nice and crowded! :D

Well, i think it's taste.. i'm more a fan of this kind of spoilers (especially on the Puma).
Posted Image
Less 'LOOK AT MEEEEHHH!!'-style. :)

I agree with function over looks though; if you have to choose between no spoiler + a loose rear, or a spoiler and a planted car, i'd def go with the spoiler.
Turby and Lisa's sprint Puma hasn't got any spoiler at all.. how did they fix the loose rear?

This post has been edited by Clawz: 13 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Jon
Melina blue 1.7 (11-1997)
Honda VTR 1000 SP-2 (2004)

#75 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:34 AM

View PostClawz, on 13 January 2010 - 06:41 PM, said:

Nice and crowded!

Well, i think it's taste.. i'm more a fan of this kind of spoilers (especially on the Puma).
Posted Image
Less 'LOOK AT MEEEEHHH!!'-style.

I agree with function over looks though; if you have to choose between no spoiler + a loose rear, or a spoiler and a planted car, i'd def go with the spoiler.
Turby and Lisa's sprint Puma hasn't got any spoiler at all.. how did they fix the loose rear?

If i was doing sprints I would take it off. My main corncern was the car lifting its rear legs in corners and wanted to keep body roll to a minimum. I am a big believer in functionality rather than looks, if it was a show car, yes the spoiler would be binned. If i took it off I would only have to put a bagof sand in the back anyway!!!!!...................lol..(why cant I use the emotions)

#76 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

The sprint class we run in does not allow any sort of spoilers. Keeping the rear end glued, is down to a) sticky tyres (soft compound R888's), increased negative camber and a "slow in fast out" approach which really helps in keeping the car stable and also gives us a higher corner exit speed which can be carried all the way down the next straight.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

#77 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

View PostTurby, on 14 January 2010 - 01:57 PM, said:

The sprint class we run in does not allow any sort of spoilers. Keeping the rear end glued, is down to a) sticky tyres (soft compound R888's), increased negative camber and a "slow in fast out" approach which really helps in keeping the car stable and also gives us a higher corner exit speed which can be carried all the way down the next straight.

Why are you not allowed spoilers Toby?
Are all the time trial circuits mainly tight bends and straights then. I have the Olivers Mount time trial circuit a stones throw away and thats a couple of long straights, a few hairpins and tight bends.

#78 User is offline   warrenpenalver 

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

bouncy it will just be the rules for the class they compete in.

Theres almost certainly class's you can compete in with spoiler etc but you may end up competing against much more expensive and powerful dedicated track cars.
Posted Image

#79 User is offline   bouncy 

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

View Postwarrenpenalver, on 15 January 2010 - 03:53 PM, said:

bouncy it will just be the rules for the class they compete in.

Theres almost certainly class's you can compete in with spoiler etc but you may end up competing against much more expensive and powerful dedicated track cars.

I didnt realise a spolier on time trials really makes that much of a difference to a tin top.

Anyway you can get 10 cups of coffee on top of my spoiler so that makes it very practical indeed!!!....lol

#80 User is offline   Turby 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

View Postbouncy, on 15 January 2010 - 12:40 AM, said:

Why are you not allowed spoilers Toby?
Are all the time trial circuits mainly tight bends and straights then. I have the Olivers Mount time trial circuit a stones throw away and thats a couple of long straights, a few hairpins and tight bends.

We compete in MSA events, and these all have to run to a fixed set of rules. We could go in a class which allows spoilers but we would have to do loads of other work and spend lots of £££ to make the car competitive. We are allowed aerodynamic mods below the centre lines of the rear wheels which do not extend outside the plan of the std vehicle though... so splitters, air dams, diffusers, side skirts and flat floors are all fair game (but not cheap to develop).

Courses tend to consist of all manner of straights and corners, from very tight hairpins on go-kart tracks to very high speed corners on airfields which cannot *quite* be taken flat.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope - 1709)
Stop being spoon fed and GOOGLE it!

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic