Eduardo leg break!!!
SPENCER
FORD PUMA THUNDER 2002 (SOLD)
HONDA CRZ 2013

#2 User is offline   dancer 

• Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

I bet that smarted a bit. ohmy.gif

I dont suppose that his wages will be docked for being off sick though...

#3 User is offline   spenspuma 

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

You wouldnt wish that on anybody though...im a Birmingham fan and i am appalled. Although i still firmly believe there was no malicious intent by Taylor, just a badly timed tackle.

Not sure about a sickie comment, the guy may never play football again.

This post has been edited by spenspuma: 24 February 2008 - 07:51 AM

SPENCER
FORD PUMA THUNDER 2002 (SOLD)
HONDA CRZ 2013

#4 User is offline   dancer 

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

Yeah, it's a hell of a situation for the bloke.
No offence intended, I just aren't into football and think they are slightly
overpaid for what they do, thats all wink.gif

#5 User is offline   mjh24 

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:45 AM

horrific injury but just a clumsy challenge, i dont think martin taylor went into that challenge thinking 'I am going to break his leg', this kind of thing happens in football, it brought back memories of the david buust injury a few years back, To be honest i dont think eduardo will ever play again, but lets wish him a speedy recovery.
i have nothing to say right now

#6 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:03 AM

Nothing at all malicious in the challenge- just a quick footed player catching Taylor out in the first couple of minutes of the game.

As for the break- in the second picture it looks as if its broken in at least 2 places puke.gif

#7 User is offline   Rock Chick 

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

Wenger has now retracted what he said at the time:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/7261153.stm
- Val

#8 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:28 AM

Fair play to Arsene for retracting the statement, although after seeing a challenge like this
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8661/eduardo2zl2.jpg
You would forgive him for being a bit emotional...

#9 User is offline   mjh24 

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (frp338 @ Feb 24 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing at all malicious in the challenge- just a quick footed player catching Taylor out in the first couple of minutes of the game.

As for the break- in the second picture it looks as if its broken in at least 2 places puke.gif

looks like his foot is hanging off his leg puke.gif

#10 User is offline   Mork of Ork 

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:15 PM

I hope he recovers like Henrik Larrson did and continues playing football. At least medical science has advanced a massive amount since Busst's injury in the mid 90's.

I think it is always worse when something like that happens to a player from a poorer nation like Brazil (even though he plays for Croatia he grew up in Rio) as they usually have dreamed of earning that kind of cash and have struggled to escape poverty.
There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those that don't.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

#11 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Mork of Ork @ Feb 24 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it is always worse when something like that happens to a player from a poorer nation like Brazil (even though he plays for Croatia he grew up in Rio) as they usually have dreamed of earning that kind of cash and have struggled to escape poverty.

Then the £100k he earnt last week should support him for the rest of his life.

Fingers crossed it wasn't as bad as it looks....

#12 User is offline   mjh24 

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:58 PM

just read an article on another forum, he broke his tib, fib and his ankle, and there is extensive damage to the ankle ligaments, and it could be over a year unitl he plays again, sad news but good news as initial fears were that his playing career was over.

#13 User is offline   PumaWillis 

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:50 AM

I don't think it was THAT bad a tackle. It was certainly no worse than some of the recent 2-footed ones.

It was a bit clumsy and I think it deserved a red, but I think the injury influenced the referee a bit. VERY similar to David Buust at Old Trafford a few years back when he played for Coventry... Was a bit of a freak accident and wasn't even punished with a yellow card let alone a red. I hope Eduardo makes a good recovery, it's not nice to see somebody potentially end their career on (as) live TV. Bit off topic - I think the reaction of Gallas at the end of the game was more down to petulance than down to the injury of his teammate. I really have no time for him and what he did was utterly childish. But from that reaction I would say the title is going back to Manchester this May.

#14 User is offline   mjh24 

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:11 PM

I agree about the title it is staying at old trafford this season, but i think your comment about gallas is wrong, I remember peter schmeichel (sp?) and his reaction to the buust injury you could see the effect it had on him, the arsenal players the same, how can a team concentrate when they have just witnessed a horrific injury like that, i feel for eduardo and all his team mates and I also feel for martin taylor too.

I dont like william gallas as he is a former chelsea and now an arsenal player but I can see why he was upset.

#15 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Gallas is now in the same club as Drogba IMO.

Drogba has to be the biggest cheat in the premiership today- i'm fed up of watching him get tackled and fall down as if he's been electrocuted. My junior team used stand up to tackles like that, and not make a big scene out of it.

I know who my nomination for next years BAFTA is going to.

As for Gallas, it's a team game, and sometimes people mess up- DEAL WITH IT.

#16 User is offline   k18dan 

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:19 PM

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Arsenal Football Club"

intresting...
FRP 225
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   MattC 

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

Update from the Arsenal website;

The Club can confirm that following the incident during Saturday’s match at Birmingham City, Eduardo has fractured his left fibula and sustained an open dislocation of his ankle joint in the same leg.

He was immediately taken to Selly Oak Hospital in Birmingham where he underwent surgery on Saturday evening. The operation was successful and Eduardo was transferred to a London-based hospital on Sunday afternoon.

Earlier today (Monday 25th February), the Orthopaedic surgeon and Arsenal medical staff assessed the extent of the damage and possible time scale for a full recovery.

All being well, Eduardo will have his leg in plaster and using crutches for the next six to eight weeks. After that time, partial weight-bearing exercises will be scheduled into a slow rehabilitation process.

It is hoped that Eduardo will be running again in six months time and making a full recovery after nine months.

Eduardo will be released from hospital in a few days.

The Arsenal medical team would like to take this opportunity to thank Birmingham City FC for their assistance on the day as well as the surgical and ward staff on S2 at Selly Oak Hospital for their expert medical care.

Seems like he had a minor miracle (after the challenge)

#18 User is offline   Murphy 

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:16 PM

A challenge you see week in week out. Eduardo was simply too fast for the challenge. Taylor wasn't tryig to cause an injury, it was 6 mins into the game.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for him.
Arsenal bust my coupon that week and done me out of about £150 from a £1 bet. I was not a happy chappy ohmy.gif
Well it was fun while it lasted...

#19 User is offline   JamesMalin 

• View gallery

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:39 PM

This was a similar challenge that broke 2 bones in my ankle and 2 meta tarsals in my foot. I was lucky it didn't do that.

Alan Smith, Eduardo and also Hutton from Spurs were very unlucky. You could easily go thru your whole career and not get an injury like that.

I hope he does recover he is a talent.

I once broke a mates leg in a challenge totally by accident and felt awful for ages.....until he dropped a boule ball on my broken foot a year later! laugh.gif
www.oc-motorsport.co.uk

For all Ford Servicing, repairs and conversions. Call or pm me for details. Based in Brentwood, Essex

www.stuffbymonkey.co.uk

Official Member Of The 'BIG HITTERS' Club

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic