Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frp Standard Pedals

#1 User is offline   waynefrp 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:39 PM

Hi,

Can anyone out there who has a had an FRP from new tell me whether they came with standard rubber pedal covers, or sparco ally items, as I have seen cars with both.

Cheers

#2 User is offline   dava 

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:44 PM

mine has std rubber pedals, although i would like alloy ones

FORD RACING PUMA #306

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:46 PM

standard pedals came as stanard. It had been intended to fit Sparco pedals, as seen on the pre production FRP brochure, but they never made it. Hence why some people have fitted them afterwards.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

Have been told that V1FRP in the Ford Heitage museum has standard rubber pedals and also has standard black h/brake and gearlever gaitors.

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

the gaitors were never intended to be changed Dave. It's just Ben saw a sells opportunity so off he went and made them, lovely they are too.

but the gear knob was originally going to be numbered too, just bean counters got in the way wink.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

Yes Kate the gaiters really do finish the car off. I can't decide whether FRUP ought to have a sparco handbrake cover as its the only bit that Laura didn't do.
While thinking of his interior would you by any chance know of a supplier of inertia reel harnesses, I'm struggling to find them on the net I've got one in a box but I want a matching pair.

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:12 PM

Ed will probably post too.
They are mad by Scroth and were imported by Safety Devices, as supplied to Laura. I believe Safety Devices are trading again so try contacting them, you need to also get the Puma adaptor peice for the rear seat.

#8 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

No joy with safety devices Kate the new company only do roll cages they reckoned that Demontweakes might stock them but they are not on their website. I cant seem to find them anywhere else either .

#9 User is offline   pumarv6 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Feb 1 2007, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the gaitors were never intended to be changed Dave. It's just Ben saw a sells opportunity so off he went and made them, lovely they are too.

but the gear knob was originally going to be numbered too, just bean counters got in the way wink.gif

Blue alcantara gaiters were proposed, Kate. They were fitted to P17 FMS during interior trim deliberations, but never made it to production due to cost issues.

The unique FRP numbered gear knob would have apparently added £10 to the balance sheet for each car.

The Sparco pedals were deleted on the grounds of safety - Too many concerns about wet feet slipping off the pedals. This decision wasn't taken till after version 1 of the brochure was printed though, so you will find aluminium pedals listed in the vehicle spec and a photograph of them on the back cover of the brochure.

#10 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

http://english.schroth.com/tuning/produktd...0&id_kat1=1

thanks Ed I forgot the gaitor info, doh!

British suppliers of the Tuning products (including ASM harnesses)
The TT Shop MK42 7QB Kempston Bedford Tuning,
Racing details
MSAR Ltd CM16 6AA North Weald, Epping Racing,
Tuning,
HANS details

http://english.schroth.com/tuning/dealerse...p;search=search

#11 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:34 PM

Thank you Kate your a genius. looks like some more of the kids inheritance will get invested in FRUP biggrin.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic