Pumapeople: The Puma's 10th Anniversary - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Puma's 10th Anniversary An idea

#1 User is offline   Supersonic 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:29 AM

Just an idea i've thought about very recently for those of us puma owners who aren't/can't go to the 'ring.
What if we organise a meet here somewhere to celebrate the cars 10th birthday ourselves?, it doesn't have to be huge or at a race track, just something to get as many of us that are left here together as possible which seems like there will be a fair few!

I was thinking of a full day, doesn't matter when (but hopefully around the time of the proper event obviously) incorporating an initial get together, a good drive, lunch another good drive and then setup for some photo's. with a BBQ in the early (ish) evening for people who want to stay a bit longer.

Would like some feedback as to wether this is a good idea or not and when/where to make it happen and i'm sorry to step on the toes of people who are trying to organise the main event!! I just thought that it'd be good to get the people who aren't going to do something towards the anniversary.

Feedback much appreciated! good.gif

#2 User is offline   Roadrunner 

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:46 AM

Good idea !

But why you want to celebrate this around the time of our event ?

I think when you organise a meeting after our meeting, there will come the persons who come to our event too wink.gif (i hope you understand me biggrin.gif)

When you organise a meeting to celebrate the anniversy in august i would try to come to england wink.gif

Greetings, Michi
Team Leader Puma Team Europe
Greetings from Germany and from

#3 User is offline   MikePass 

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Roadrunner2 @ May 8 2007, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But why you want to celebrate this around the time of our event ?

I think when you organise a meeting after our meeting, there will come the persons who come to our event too wink.gif (i hope you understand me biggrin.gif)

When you organise a meeting to celebrate the anniversy in august i would try to come to england wink.gif

Greetings, Michi
Team Leader Puma Team Europe

Agreed. Don't give people another lame excuse not to come to the European 10th anniversary meet ;-) "Oh, I'm going to the UK one"

Do it August, then, as Michi says you'll get some of the same people going to both.

Bear in mind though that it'll take some major work to make a UK one as good as the European meet tongue.gif

Go for it, but good luck :-)
Puma Thunder, Magnum Grey, M1P GO. Pumapeople meet locations - <a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=103028224371469335957.0004362fd44704516bd41&z=6&om=1" target="_blank">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&a...mp;z=6&om=1</a>

#4 User is offline   Roadrunner 

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:16 AM

Mike... i wish you very very very very good look to try this biggrin.gif *gg

#5 User is offline   pumamartin 

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (RedMan @ May 8 2007, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just an idea i've thought about very recently for those of us puma owners who aren't/can't go to the 'ring.
What if we organise a meet here somewhere to celebrate the cars 10th birthday ourselves?, it doesn't have to be huge or at a race track, just something to get as many of us that are left here together as possible which seems like there will be a fair few!

I was thinking of a full day, doesn't matter when (but hopefully around the time of the proper event obviously) incorporating an initial get together, a good drive, lunch another good drive and then setup for some photo's. with a BBQ in the early (ish) evening for people who want to stay a bit longer.

Would like some feedback as to wether this is a good idea or not and when/where to make it happen and i'm sorry to step on the toes of people who are trying to organise the main event!! I just thought that it'd be good to get the people who aren't going to do something towards the anniversary.

Feedback much appreciated! good.gif

Roadrunner... in august is Ford Fair to....
We, pumadrivers, will come to Silverstone with 5 puma's.. so mabey you come with us to ford fair........

A puma meet in Uk... it's a great idea...... but we have already booked for august 4...

#6 User is offline   PussCat 

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

So.... we have the Nurburgring meet in July, Ford Fair at Silverstone in August, and then there's the European Ford meeting in the Netherlands in September!

Maybe 'we' (as in the members here on pumapeople) should all concentrate on going to Ford Fair, and have a big celebration there wink.gif - or failing that, organise something for the Bank Holiday at the end of August (unless there's already something on then too wink.gif )
Caz

http://www.justgiving.com/bokbok - "Just Giving Site" for the BHWT in Colin's Memory... please help a chicken today!

#7 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:20 PM

My understanding was that Ford Fair was the UK event? As has been posted, there are already enough options for folk to join in right accross europe.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:24 PM

I too thought Ford Fair was the UK event
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#9 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:25 PM

This was agreed prior to this being posted:

http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69888
Posted Image

#10 Guest_jacko_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

sounds good having it at ford fair as planned..... i wasnt going to go but....10 years...be rude not to!!!!!

#11 User is offline   Pumasparky 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:17 PM

With the parade at Castle Combe (7th July) I mistakenly thought that this was an anniversary event
PUMASPARKY

#12 User is offline   Supersonic 

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:46 PM

Ok, I didn't know that!. 9.gif
Agreed, having it on the same weekend as the main meet wasn't the best of ideas.
I think celebrating it at Ford Fair is a great idea but there's not much space if alot of people want to go.

This post has been edited by RedMan: 08 May 2007 - 10:47 PM

#13 User is offline   Pumasparky 

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:06 AM

There's no reason why there can't be more than one anniversarry type event is there?

At least you are trying to do something
PUMASPARKY

#14 User is offline   pumarv6 

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:09 AM

The great thing about Pumapeople events is that anyone can organise one, no matter how large or small. smile.gif

If you can't make one of the events already arranged, then there is no harm in organising something to do your bit for the 10th Anniversary.

The parade at Castle Combe is something the FRPs have always done (this is the 8th year).

#15 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (RedMan @ May 8 2007, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think celebrating it at Ford Fair is a great idea but there's not much space if alot of people want to go.

We can get as much space as we need if enough notice is given. Being busy with a full time job meant the number of cars was limited to 25...that's a self imposed limit.

All we need is commitment, communication and teamwork from those that wish to go...in other words you may be asked to do a little more than just click your mouse button and turn up! No reason why we can't have 50 Pumas there if you guys all help me out!!!!
An intolerable situation would be 50 Pumas expected, 20 turn up because 30 people couldn't get out of bed or changed their mind because they'd rather go shopping etc...

FORD FAIR THREAD

#16 User is offline   V4FRP 

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:47 AM

So if you allow up to 50 Pumas does that mean up to 25 FRP'scan attend or would you rather keep them to the minimum?

#17 User is offline   Roadrunner 

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (BOK @ May 9 2007, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can get as much space as we need if enough notice is given. Being busy with a full time job meant the number of cars was limited to 25...that's a self imposed limit.

that sounds good, i ´ll be there to celebrating the anniversarry in the UK with the UK´s wink.gif

now writing in the right thread smile.gif

#18 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (V4FRP @ May 9 2007, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So if you allow up to 50 Pumas does that mean up to 25 FRP'scan attend or would you rather keep them to the minimum?

I created a "50%" rule as I have to try and please everyone (or displease everyone depending on your POV!). Without some sort of limit it's hard to impose anything...

It's nothing personal, it just stems from the needs of the "why aren't standard Pumas invited" crowd when they almost always are, it's just that FRP owners bring their Pumas more often and it ends up looking like an FRP meet which is wierd seeing as it's such a rare car, anyone care to elborate?
If you think there aren't enough standard Pumas at meets, why not switch off your computer, get out of your comfy chair, grab your keys and bring the Puma along to redress the balance? biggrin.gif Alternatively sit there and continue to click the mouse?

Yep 50% rule applies but I hope there will be enough standards coming to 'allow' those 50% FRP owners to join too.

The banner is an excellent idea, needs to be done ASAP I reckon good.gif

#19 Guest_Tiggr_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

FRP numbers should be in proportion to total build...

so that means you need approx 250 Std Pumaii for every FRP wink.gif

I guess a stearing wheel and a seat would just about count roflmao.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic