• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My (very) Green Machine project thread Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   00fergie 

• Group: Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:55 PM

love it!!

Now With: Helix Clutch, L.S.D, Carbon Bonnet & Splitter, Aero wipers, Speedlines, poly bushed, White alcons, Magnecore 8.5mm Leads, Osram Conversion, White and Blue Engine Bay, Stripped interior, Green Stuff Pads, smoked repeaters, miltek system with decat, Hispec Discs, Paradas.
Later: Retrimed Sparcos, More Carbon, Full Weld in Roll Cage, Respray, Anthracite Speedlines, More POWER!!!!

#22 User is offline   JCDenton 

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

Thats the colour i wanted lol, how much did it cost? It looks amazing!

#23 User is offline   arcdef 

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:48 PM

What wheels are they and what size?

Sponsor my Charity Skydive For: Breast Cancer Uk British Heart Foundation
Thanks!!!

#24 User is offline   Pat_T 

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (arcdef @ Aug 24 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What wheels are they and what size?

Speedline Corse Turini in 17" x 7" with 205/40/R17 tyres mate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, on with the progress as its been a lovely bank holiday weekend down here!

First off fitted pics of rocker cover after I just finished detailing the lettering (although I don't intend to leave it fitted permamently cos I dont want it to get grubby!)

This weekend's target was the tailgate. So next it was off to the scrappy to pick these up for £5 from a Mk4 fezza:

Then the weight removal continued... off came the rear wiper and the motor! biggrin.gif

cool.gif much smoother look I love it! Just put a rubber blanking grommet in the hole for now until I can get a bodyshop to fill and paint it.
Great mod = less aero drag, and the wiper and motor are good weight to remove as they're pretty high up, so lowering the centre of gravity further.

So then I came to fit the new gas struts, knowing that newer fiesta ones are a good upgrade I was looking forward to having my boot pop right up on the button press. So I fitted both, and indeedy it did fly right up! smile.gif Which got me wondering whether one of the new fiesta struts would be enough to manage the tailgate now the wiper had gone...

...lo and behold it was! cool.gif

Doesn't struggle to hold up the tailgate at all, it even still rises on its own albeit very slowly. good.gif

I then just removed the plastic trim off the tailgate too and tidied it up, 'cos the inside got sprayed a lovely satin black during my respray anyway so I don't need the trim. Total weight saving from tailgate this weekend = 2.6 KG biggrin.gif

with the new front seats on the horizon I'll easily be sub 1000kgs now. What's next? not sure! watch this space.... biggrin.gif

1.7L. ST150 clutch. Shawspeed lightened flywheel. Miltek exhaust manifold & full decat system. Pipercross foam cone filter. Speedline white 17" wheels. Toyo R888s. Weitec coilovers.
Powerflex rear beam bushes. Willwood 4-pots, 280mm dics & HEL braided hoses. Kenwood headunit. OMP: rear strut brace. Oddessy Racing 40 battery.
Corbeau Clubman seats. LUKE harnesses. FRP rear seats. Carbon fibre interior. FRP splitter.
Ultimate green. ~990kg...PROJECT THREAD

#25 User is offline   kayleigh09 

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

what colour is that? smile.gif

#26 User is offline   pam116 

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

AMAZING.....

#27 User is offline   PumaJay 

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

more weight saving = a good days work!
THE WORLD IS MY RACETRACK
www.charnwoodcarclub.co.uk

#28 User is offline   nickk 

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

I'm looking at taking my rear wiper motor off the car, just wondering hat size bung that is on there?
Cars looking amazingly nice aswell mate!

#29 User is offline   Pink Milly 

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

Are you finding your are getting more miles to the gallon now you have lightened your load?
Never look down on somebody, unless you are helping them up!

Yes it's pink and yes it's a Milly.

#30 User is offline   jmepamplin 

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

Very good project you have here. Keep the progress updates coming so i can keep an eye on this.

Regarding this being 'Ultimate Green' im not so sure. Ultimate is a pearlescent colour and in the pics yours appears solid?

Puma Powered ZetecS Track Project

#31 User is offline   Pat_T 

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:59 AM

jmepamplin - cheers mate! Yeah I'm a bit confused about the paint aswell. Two Seperate Ford dealers had confirmed the RS paint name/code to me, and I had it mixed at two different indepentant shops and in both cases it was a flat colour. The RS's I have subsequently seen have got a metallic twinge to them..!? I need to park up next to one to see if the shade is exactly the same and its just mising the pearl...

PinkMilly - I average about 37mpg..?

Nickk - The bung isn't the right size!! It's just a temporary measure till I get the hole filled and blended in. I can measure the size of the hole for you if you like?

Sorry for the lack of updates recently I'm saving £££ for the next few mods! :)
1.7L. ST150 clutch. Shawspeed lightened flywheel. Miltek exhaust manifold & full decat system. Pipercross foam cone filter. Speedline white 17" wheels. Toyo R888s. Weitec coilovers.
Powerflex rear beam bushes. Willwood 4-pots, 280mm dics & HEL braided hoses. Kenwood headunit. OMP: rear strut brace. Oddessy Racing 40 battery.
Corbeau Clubman seats. LUKE harnesses. FRP rear seats. Carbon fibre interior. FRP splitter.

#32 User is offline   Shilly 

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:56 PM

for a cheap bung the mk3 fiestas have ones think there about 5 quid from ford with the bracket to hold it in place

i like the work gone into it

#33 User is offline   Pat_T 

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

View Postjmepamplin, on 19 October 2009 - 01:01 PM, said:

Regarding this being 'Ultimate Green' im not so sure. Ultimate is a pearlescent colour and in the pics yours appears solid?

I've cleared this up now. It is Ultimate Green, however when you order your Focus RS in either Performance Blue or Ultimate Green you can have in metallic as an extra-cost option (which obviously 90% of customers are doing). :good:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the progress front, I just ordered a Fiesta ST150 clutch plate, and new puma slave cylinder for £200 posted :D

Next is a flywheel from Shawspeed.... ;)

Will get pics when they arrive.

This post has been edited by Pat_T: 19 November 2009 - 08:58 AM

#34 User is offline   FlashBastd 

• Group: Validating

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

Look forward to hearing about the flywheel, that sounds interesting.
2005 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
2000 Ford Focus 1.6i Ghia
2006 Renault Clio 2.0i RenaultSport 197 - SOLD
2005 Honda CR-V 2.0i Executive auto
2001 Ford Puma 1.7i Black

#35 User is offline   sonnyp 

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

if your car is a flat colour then it wont be the new rs green as this colour is a 3stage pearl?
i looked into this colour for my car :)

but it still looks awesome... very nice car

#36 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

Ultimate Green as used on the Fiesta Celebration. That was a solid colour. :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   Pat_T 

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:25 AM

View Postsonnyp, on 10 January 2010 - 05:04 PM, said:

if your car is a flat colour then it wont be the new rs green as this colour is a 3stage pearl?
i looked into this colour for my car :)

but it still looks awesome... very nice car

Indeed as Chris says, However I'm pretty sure the new RS is available in this colour too. The pearls of 'Ultimate Green' and 'Performance Blue' are cost options according to my new RS brochure. I have only seen one in a mag without the pearl though!

The Shawspeed flywheel and ST150 clutch are being fitted as I speak, will give a verdict next week! :D

#38 User is offline   Pat_T 

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

lighter flywheel and ST150 clutch now fitted :D but I've decided to get the cambelt and auxillary belts done again (cambelt was last done in 2005, before I bought the car, although only ~25000 miles ago) now at the same time so it will be a few more days before I can tell you what the clutch/flywheel combo is like.

for anyone who's interested:

Shawspeed lighter flywheel (exchange) was £140
Fiesta ST150 clutch kit (genuine Ford) was £99.15
Clutch slave cylinder & bearing hub assy (genuine Ford) was £67.97

Cambelt kit (genuine Ford) £63.05
Auxillary belt was £14

Labour will be ~£300 for all that lot when I get the bill later this week :S

#39 User is offline   Pat_T 

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

Ok all done and impressions after the first 50 miles:

ST150 clutch is "sharper" than the standard puma item (using a puma slave assy), it is slightly harder to modulate than the standard, but does feel like it bites harder :good:

AND despite the actual clutch being harder to modulate than the standard item, the pedal itself quite a bit lighter and easier on the ankle! This is in complete contrast to what I've read about the uprated Helix clutch for the puma, which apparently requires quite a lot more pedal effort?

Anyway the upshot of this is that altogether the new clutch works just as well on the road as the standard one did before, but should be stronger and last longer :)

The Shawspeed flywheel? well the revs definitely die down faster after a lift or dip of the clutch now, I havn't given it a spirited drive yet, but once I have will report on if I can notice a more inertia-free acceleration!

Overall: I needed a new clutch anyway and very happy with how the car is feeling :)

#40 User is offline   Pat_T 

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:19 PM

Updates:

passenger seat is out, and I've laid 280amp cable under the carpet and through the bulkhead so I can fit one of these in the boot:

Posted Image

I also have this ready to fit:

Posted Image

and as the passenger seat is already out, will be a good time to FINALLY get round to fitting new front seats, I just have to find them at the right price.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic