Pumapeople: Water Leak - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Water Leak

#1 User is offline   DenimDemon 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:41 PM

But, how to check witch one of your suggestions is the cause? ive found the draining (i think) but how to check it?

it comes a great amount of whater from the darn thing, and.. i dont really think its the rain, cus i get it all the time, and for a weak now, we only have had bright sun... so.. how to check? do i need to get under the car or what?

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:51 PM

is the water leaking into your passenger side or drivers side?
Have you been runing your air conditioning?

http://www.pumapeople.com/wiki/index.php/Water_in_footwell
http://www.pumapeople.com/wiki/index.php/W...ter_every_where
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   DenimDemon 

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:15 PM

its a little on the drivers side, but not that much, most of it on the passangers side. and yea, it comes only when i have the aircondition on! so, due the hot weather with no rain these days, i know its not a leak.. its the condensation. i have also problem understanding some tecnickal english words. if someone have any pictures, PLEASE post, and, if someone know where i have to look and where to find the problems, take some pictures of the spot and try to explain as your talking to a little boy in the kindergarden:P

im gona borrow a cupÅ  heater for drying the floor... cus now its all soaked... and soon it will begin to smell and.. rust.. so:P hehe i need help fast!

edit:
the hole box under the console in the car is all weat like, in some cracks and stuff.. i can take some photos when i got time..
and one thing... can i use high pressure air to blow the draining clean from UNDER the car? i know the dirt will get INSIDE of the aircondition, but.. can i do this to check if its the draining thas got sealed up?

This post has been edited by DenimDemon: 08 August 2006 - 10:18 PM

#4 User is offline   DenimDemon 

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:59 PM

Well, today i removed the carpet and the insulation in my car, washed it and hang it up for drying, ive found where the whater is dripping from, its from the canal form the filtre! how to check where from the filtre the whater comes? i took out the filtere and it was a bit weat.. do u guys think that i shoud try sealing up around the filtre... thing under the hood? with some silicone or something? just to see if it works? and, the little crack where the whater comes from... shoud i seal it up to? i can take som pictures for u guys to see but.. need advice

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:05 PM

do you mean by the pollen filter ?
need a picture I think please to help smile.gif
is it not coming in then by the large rubber grommit to the side of your filter?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   sim 

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:18 PM

Just a quick thought do your windows steam up with the heating on?
Can you smell anti freeze?
Could it be Heater Matrix thats leaking? ja_stupid.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic