Pumapeople: Will A Baby Seat Fit In Back Without Any Problems? - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will A Baby Seat Fit In Back Without Any Problems? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Buffer 

• Group: Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Just wondering if a baby seat fits in to the back seat? Cheers!

#2 User is offline   JopieBK 

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

Some do, some don't.

We had a Maxi-Cosi one that slotted into an Easi-Fix base. It was expensive, but it made putting the baby+seat in and out of the car much easier as you didn't have to mess around with the seatbelt every time.

#3 User is offline   mjc83 

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:48 AM

Hi

we have a maxi cosi seat and it fits in no problem.

Hope you are enjoying your puma.

#4 User is offline   ssulti 

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Buffer @ Jul 18 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wondering if a baby seat fits in to the back seat? Cheers!

I use daily 9 to 36kg designed baby-seat (like that (clicky), but with 9-15kg option which adds 5-point racing look belts) on my Puma, in front - face facing forward, seat as far back as it can go and in back seat (h*** lot of work get 11kg kid on to it). Both ways fits well. I have face facing back baby seat also, and as far as I can see it will fit to back seat well - no airbag disabling possibility - no way to front seat then. It has an base which is placed "permanently" to belts.

Every day I drive our 19 month old kid to kindegarden with our Puma. So it's baby compatible car. wink.gif
2010 Toyota Prius HSD / Looking for 2nd car...
Ford Puma Owners Club Finland (Facebook group)
(had: 1999 Puma, 1.7, 190 000km, still looking for next one...)

#5 User is offline   Buffer 

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (ssulti @ Jul 19 2008, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use daily 9 to 36kg designed baby-seat (like that (clicky), but with 9-15kg option which adds 5-point racing look belts) on my Puma, in front - face facing forward, seat as far back as it can go and in back seat (h*** lot of work get 11kg kid on to it). Both ways fits well. I have face facing back baby seat also, and as far as I can see it will fit to back seat well - no airbag disabling possibility - no way to front seat then. It has an base which is placed "permanently" to belts.

Every day I drive our 19 month old kid to kindegarden with our Puma. So it's baby compatible car. wink.gif

Thanks for quick response,i have a Maxi Cosi baby seat,so glad it will fit!

#6 User is offline   Zip It 

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

We will also be looking at baby seats soon, but I had read that it's virtually impossible to get one that fits the Puma - so I'm glad to have found this post cool.gif

That said, I don't hold much help for getting a big pushchair in the boot sleep.gif

ex - Red 2000 Puma 1.7
ex - Black Civic Type R
now - Boring Golf TDI
now - Civic I-CTDI

#7 User is offline   ssulti 

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Zip It @ Jul 23 2008, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That said, I don't hold much help for getting a big pushchair in the boot sleep.gif

Only if you have face facing forward type chair (+9 kg, +10 month old) and flip backseat down... then it will fit. But then Kat is only driver + kid, 2 seater. wink.gif

We have (2 adult + 19 month kid) once tested to go and do weekly food shopping in one on Puma, all three in car and bags on the boot - fits, but kid on backseat isn't easiest to put in... I'm not the tallest one (~170cm) and even I got few hits to my head when putting belts on...
2010 Toyota Prius HSD / Looking for 2nd car...
Ford Puma Owners Club Finland (Facebook group)
(had: 1999 Puma, 1.7, 190 000km, still looking for next one...)

#8 User is offline   hayley86 

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Zip It @ Jul 23 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Umbrella folding pushchairs are a nightmare to fit in but the ones that fold flat fit in fine. Ive got a Quinny Buzz and that fits in snug!
HayleyS*** TKEMelina BlueBrighton
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   druid 

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (Zip It @ Jul 23 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We will also be looking at baby seats soon, but I had read that it's virtually impossible to get one that fits the Puma - so I'm glad to have found this post cool.gif

Got something very similar to this- http://www.graco.co.uk/en_GB/product/7B91/008/
and the pushchair fits in the boot,just.
cymru am byth

#10 User is offline   zebitz 

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

it depends how old your child is as to the shape of the childseat 0-9 month carriers are no problem with or without clicky base but some seats in the next range up are a nightmare but then once you get into the booster seat range from roughly 21/2 years plus its plain sailing. biggrin.gif
WWW.ZEBITZ.CO.UK
go on have a look....

#11 User is offline   GOLDIE 

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

are the seats in your pumas the same as in tigras??...........ive never looked inside a puma, dont laugh!........just im not a puma owner

#12 User is offline   zebitz 

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (GOLDIE @ Jul 25 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are the seats in your pumas the same as in tigras??...........ive never looked inside a puma, dont laugh!........just im not a puma owner

not on the older shape tigras the tigras are more of a plastic bench with 2 cushioned pads on it whereas pumas are pretty much 2 moulded bucket seats stuck together a lot like the old shape celicas. hope this helps
WWW.ZEBITZ.CO.UK
go on have a look....

#13 User is offline   GOLDIE 

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

Oh okay........as i have a little boy who is 2 and i havent had trouble with his seat, hes got like a racing seat, got proper arm rests and everything, lol!..........and i get his pushchair in the boot, but have to put it to the side,it wont go in flat, but i manage very well!

#14 User is offline   on the bench 

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

Hi, only took ownership of my puma last weekend biggrin.gif .
My son's seat fits in perfectly - it's the next one after the baby seat and is a maxi cosi.

Enjoy!

#15 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

Charlotte has fitted a pushchair in the boot that fits her two childred. From memory it is a bill and ted inline tandom affair. Try a search for posts by member Charlotte and +baby +seat or try pushchair
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#16 User is offline   mjc83 

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Zip It @ Jul 23 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We bought a quinny buzz push chair and it fits in the boot ok.

#17 User is offline   Zip It 

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

Thanks, I'll have a look at that push chair.
ex - Red 2000 Puma 1.7
ex - Black Civic Type R
now - Boring Golf TDI
now - Civic I-CTDI

#18 User is offline   Lah Lah 

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:33 PM

Hi, I had a Graco Autobaby with in car base in the back. The bases are brilliant as you just click to car seat onto it, no fiddling with the seat belt. Just check the belt on the base from time to tiem like you would do with any car seat. I found it easier to put the car seat in from the drivers side (base in nearside back). I know this seems odd but the drivers seat has more leeway and allows more room to get the seat in and onto the base (The Graco one is quite high at the front)

For the Group 1 seat I have a Maxi Cosi Tobi. Its a fantastic seat and rock solid in the car, due I think to the tensioners on the seat

http://www.twoleftfeet.co.uk/acatalog/Maxi..._Tobi_2008.html

Dont buy from Two Left Feet tho

Ive had major problems with pushchairs but now have a Bugaboo Bee.........it seems made for the Puma and still lets me get loads of shopping in

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B000X...31&mcb=core

The Maxi Cosi car seat will firt on the Bee as well

This post has been edited by Lah Lah: 29 July 2008 - 06:35 PM

#19 User is offline   Buffer 

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

Got Maxi Cosi seat in NO PROBLEMO.Thanks for the replys,BTW...IMim lovin the Puma...especially after having Golf GTI Turbo for 4 years.The Puma sticks to the road like GLUE,as the Golf was all over the place.I love it its a wee belter! Cheers Buff!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic