Pumapeople: Modified Puma... (lots Of Pictures) - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Modified Puma... (lots Of Pictures) not to everyones taste im sure... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   clarkie 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

i have done a thread a long time ago for the car so i wont go from the beginning again so i thought i would just start from where i started my new look around 12 months ago smile.gif

it used to look like this.

and now i have had new inspiration to make a unique puma it is looking alot different.

the wheels and seats were first. the seats i found on here and brought them off another PP member smile.gif this got my started on my red and black theme.

smile.gif

i got myself a nice steerinf wheel and boss smile.gif

fitted hoses and sprayed a few engine bay parts.

few small touches like gear gators, gear knob, and soem fresh tyres

cammed, manifold, decat, strait thru miltec exhaust system, fully polybushed, lowered 40mm all round on spax springs/shocks, carbon fibre viper induction kit, front top/bottom strut braces, 17" custom red team dynamic pro race 2's, dreamscience, denso irridium spark plugs, red magnecor spark leads, red cooling system samco hose kit, red head cover, omp red racing steering wheel, 8 ball gearknob, red leather interior/ doorcards, flatblade wipers, rear limo tints, full custom bodykit by perkins automotive and plenty more to come...

#2 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

erm, no-one can see the clutch cover!

I like it apart from the gear knob.

#3 User is offline   clarkie 

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:02 PM

started to modify my bumpers but messed up on them big style so ended up gettin my work redone professionally. it went to the bodyshop to be fitted up and painted and rear arches sorted and a small patch on passenger sill smile.gif

iv always liked my ice anyway so i thought it would be the natural choice to do a simple install untill i get time to bring the fibreglass out smile.gif

i got the bug for trimming and quite enjoyed it so over over the past few months have been trimming various other bits of the car too smile.gif also managed to complete my custom door cards with audio pods and a fully flocked interior to suit smile.gif

the spare dash i had i smoothed out the passenger side compartment where the airbad would normally be as i dont have an airbag anyway and also smoothed out the ashtray compartment too as i wont be smoking with this interior in thats for sure smile.gif

as you can see in the above 2 pictures i have covered the steering column surround, covered the fuse box cover and covered the mirror adjusters on the doors as well as the electric window switches smile.gif

think thats all for now but there are more changes coming soon as iv just got a sponsor to supply me some new audio for the whole car for free smile.gif

also changing the rear bumper, making some adjustments to the front bumper, extending the bonnet and smoothing the tailgate as well as fitting coilovers and getting it lower smile.gif interior is nearly done now the only thing i will need to do is build a fibreglass boot install when i get time but im in no rush to do that smile.gif

cammed, manifold, decat, strait thru miltec exhaust system, fully polybushed, lowered 40mm all round on spax springs/shocks, carbon fibre viper induction kit, front top/bottom strut braces, 17" custom red team dynamic pro race 2's, dreamscience, denso irridium spark plugs, red magnecor spark leads, red cooling system samco hose kit, red head cover, omp red racing steering wheel, 8 ball gearknob, red leather interior/ doorcards, flatblade wipers, rear limo tints, full custom bodykit by perkins automotive and plenty more to come...

#4 User is offline   apj 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

Clarkie,

The car looks great and in my eyes anyway much improved and more 21st Century, can I ask how did you do the flocking on the dash and door panels ?

Been thinking about that approach myself but didn't know how or where to get it done ?

BTW what colour are your alloys sprayed ?

Thanks

#5 User is offline   PumaJay 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

plenty of work gone into that car!! its deffo different and stands out! not my cup of tea but i can appreciate the amount of hours and time gone into it! good work!
THE WORLD IS MY RACETRACK
www.charnwoodcarclub.co.uk

#6 User is offline   clarkie 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

thanks guys much appreciated. still plenty to do too.

the wheels are powder coated not sprayed and they are metallic red. not sure on the exact colour as i just picked a sample i liked and had them done.

the flocking is electro static method and is quite expensive for what it is but well worth it in my eyes. they cover with glue, blast the fibres over the glue and then charge the fibres which makes them stand on end and gives the flocked effect. there are loads of companies that do this if you look for them but i happen to know someone local who does this.

#7 User is offline   apj 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:08 PM

Thaks I only asked as I am in Telford and noticed you were in Birmingham, any idea of the cost, if I may ask ?

#8 User is offline   PumaJay 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:01 PM

i had a quote for £120 for my dash to be done, you can get kits to do it yourself but its best not to....
THE WORLD IS MY RACETRACK
www.charnwoodcarclub.co.uk

#9 User is offline   craiggitts 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

I am Currently re-upholstering my puma's interior. How did you remove the headrest fabric, or did you get it done professionally? I am finding it a real pain as the fabric on mine seems to be glued on.

#10 User is offline   clarkie 

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

i brought the seats as they are from a member on here however i have a feeling your on about the headlining and not the headrest, if so then yes i attempted it myself but cam acorss all sorts of problems and ended up letting bromsgrove autotrimmers do it for me. i supplied the materials and took the headlining out for them and dropped it down to them and picked it up a week later and only cost me £80. was well pleased with it smile.gif

however if you do mean headrests on the seats then im afraid i cant help as i brought the seats that way sad.gif

as for the flocking i really as not too sure. i paid for everything to be done not just the dash individually but i would say jay isnt far off. i paid £450 for my dash, the front door cards, my rear door cards, my parcel shelf, all the vents, cd surround, glove box lid etc as well as the small clips that cover the seat bolts down the side of the chairs an stuff but well worth it in my view smile.gif

This post has been edited by clarkie: 16 August 2009 - 09:13 PM

#11 User is offline   clarkie 

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

the next stage was wide arches front and rear then redo the bumpers to suit but after the cost of all of that i might aswell get an frp and start again.

WANT TO SWAP FOR AN FRP PREF WITH LSD.

ANYBODY INTERESTED ?????????

#12 User is offline   xerex 

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

I'd like to see you rescue one of the cheaper ones and restore it biggrin.gif

#13 User is offline   clarkie 

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

already have an idea of what im going to do to it biggrin.gif

#14 User is offline   dannyeprice23 

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

as others have said, looks wise im not a massive fan, but i can only commend you on an amazing, and time consuming job you have done...my opinion is not absolete as im sure you love your kat smile.gif and so you should my man..!!
FRP (No 392) powered Bullit- with LSD,Helix clutch, Powerflex bushes, Unichipped to 177bhp, lowered on HR coilovers, league 17" matte black alloys,Aluminium Hi Spec 325mm 4pots (slightly modified to fit behind wheel they are that big) with 325mm discs, ST170 rear discs,FRP engine with racing mounts, Pipercross induction kit, custom built stainless steel exhaust system with FRP sportcat and custom stainless steel backbox,FRP shotpeened gearbox,FRP splitter,uprated Piper cams (1mm more lift than FRP),Pumabuild ported cylinder head,Tints, Blue Samco hose kit,Push button start,FR battery gauge,Clifford auto start alarm immob,PIIA bulbs,Imperial Blue front strut brace,Stainless Steel diamond cut mesh in lower grill,shiny chrome engine bits, imperial blue racing engine cover, FRP splitter, ABS mud guards, black puma badges, 6 cd autochanger. Built as first feature car by pumabuild and appeared in magazines....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic