Pumapeople: Is This Too Much To Pay - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is This Too Much To Pay

#1 User is offline   Juicy 666 

• Group: Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

Purchased my puma over a month ago and i love it. It definatly needs a service though and the alternator belt is squeeling like a piggy.

I wanted to get my car done at pumaspeed in wakefield as I have a puma and i have been aware of their existance since i was a kid going to school on the bus and i used to pass the guys house which always had a couple of smashed up puma's in the driveway (and a fair few times their cosworth puma) so when i found out it was the same guy i thought thats the place to go for sure.
Only issue is i have looked at the prices and seems pretty expensive for what i want but what i wondered was is it too expensive or about right

Basically i want the Cam belt/tensioner and Alternator belt replaced and a full service which with them includes checking known problems and being experts i guess they know what they are looking for

but the cost of the cambelt fitted is £329.82 and price of service is £141.99

Service is not so bad but cambelt was more than i would have thought!

Any suggestions/ thoughts?

Many thanks

#2 User is offline   Spike 

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

That is about the right price for the cambelt change. ensure they fit whole kit, not just the belt.

#3 User is offline   Juicy 666 

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

yeah it says that they do! im guessing they will do a good job though! i have faith! guess ill save some money up and get it done in the new year!

thank you kindly!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic