Pumapeople: Is It Me Or... - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is It Me Or... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hippo76 

• Group: Members

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

Do there seem to be loads of little problems with puma's?

I LOVE the look of them and i am after buying one, just seem to be lots of bits and bobs that'l go wrong (Just to annoy you really)

I own a seat leon at the moment and no problem at all with it and its 8yrs old.

Or is this just me being picky?

rolleyes.gif

#2 User is offline   angelbabes34 

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

perhaps you biggrin.gif

the puma is a great car,like any thing you got to find the right one!

all cars have little bits and bobs tht annoy,my puma is the best car i've every had and has a big WOW factore all round for me biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by angelbabes34: 23 January 2008 - 10:57 PM

Attended so far...5th August ford fair 2007...12th August 4 counties meet
8th September Vickydinks birthday meet...29th September Dambusters meet,Sheffield...Puma and Tigra
meet at Gaydon...January 2008....NE meet...23rd February..The dales are alive with the sound of pumas,Dales meet....15th March.....this is the story so far............!!!more to come,woooo hoooo! :-)

Life can only be understood
backwards,but it
has to be lived,forwards!!!

#3 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

Hello and wecome biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

I've never had any problems with mine - only the stuff that happens with all cars .... exhaust replacement, new clutch, cambelt etc. It's done over 80,000 and has never not started first time or broken down once, so I can't complain.
Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#5 User is offline   Neil 

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:23 AM

Look up any car on Parkers and you'll never find one that is completely niggle-free. I've not had any major problems with mine in a year and a half of ownership, - don't let any doom mongerers put you off!
2006 - 2008 Ford Puma 1.7 Lux | 2008 - 2010 Ford Racing Puma #0013 | 2010 - 2012 Mini Cooper S | 2012 - ? RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup

#6 User is offline   cgandps 

• View gallery

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:33 AM

touch wood, mine's never had lots of little problems

#7 User is offline   murrayxxx77 

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (cgandps @ Jan 24 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
touch wood, mine's never had lots of little problems

I think most people, like me, only put a post on here when they have a problem or want some advice so its perhaps misleading to judge the car by all the 'little problems' on here. Most cars will be relatively trouble free if maintained properly.

Mine had loads to begin with as it was a bit of a 'dog' when I bought it but its gradually getting sorted and is almost as good as my motorbike for motoring pleasure.

I should add that I'm probably twice the age of most people on here ... although not sure why I mentioned that !

This post has been edited by murrayxxx77: 24 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

#8 User is offline   Guy Incognito 

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

Yeh, I had mone for two years and it was grand. Yes the arches rusted a wee bit but that happens on loads of cars.

It always started, electrically it was fine and mechanically it was very tough. I had it serviced according to the schedule and even took it to Pumaspeed so it was well looked after.

I now have a Leon Cupra and it has had a new relay in the hazards, new battery, and the bulbs went temperamental. Also a switch connecting the brake lights to the pedal went phut which is a common problem with Leons, as is the plastic undertray shredding, as are various electric relays as are rear bulbs goig phut etc etc etc.

Any car has endemic problems that can occur.

If you want a Puma buy one, but th ebrakes wont be as good as you are used too. What Leon you got? 1.4S?

#9 User is offline   Crystalpuma 

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

Personally I think the Puma had a lot of little niggles, like the doors not being set quite right (easily adjustable) and the parcel shelf not staying in place (also easily fixed). Other than that it is pretty reliable, and also has a great safety rating, and is loads of fun! Where else do you get such a combination at such a price?? biggrin.gif
"Margaret was right...piracy is our only option"
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Nancy & Vix

#10 User is offline   Amy49 

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

Crystalpuma,

You mentioned the parcel shelf not staying in place...I've had my Puma for 5 days now and have just come across that very issue. How annoying!

What did you do to fix it?

Amy
-x-

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic