Pumapeople: Lots Of Detailing Kit - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lots Of Detailing Kit opinions please

#1 User is offline   AndyW 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:59 PM

Right, last weekend, went out and bought some Megs nxt speed detailer, quick wheel detailer AG Instant show shine, a micro-fibre cloth and a super terry cloth.

As I don't use the car much now, and certainly not in the elements, the car never gets that dirty, so it seems pretty pointless to wash it all the time. Is the speed detailer ok to use? without scratching the paintwork/wheels? is the AG ISS ok to use also? or it that more of a quick spray polish to create shine?

what's the difference between the megs super terry cloth and the micro-fibre one? the latter feels a lot softer, but are both safe to use with these products? again, without scratching?

thanks for your help smile.gif Spens, I'm counting on you tongue.gif

This post has been edited by AndyW: 01 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

Looking for a paint correction service? Drop me a PM!

#2 User is offline   Alex Creasey 

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (AndyW @ Aug 1 2007, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, last weekend, went out and bought some Megs nxt speed detailer, quick wheel detailer AG Instant show shine, a micro-fibre cloth and a super terry cloth.

As I don't use the car much now, and certainly not in the elements, the car never gets that dirty, so it seems pretty pointless to wash it all the time. Is the speed detailer ok to use? without scratching the paintwork/wheels? is the AG ISS ok to use also? or it that more of a quick spray polish to create shine?

what's the difference between the megs super terry cloth and the micro-fibre one? the latter feels a lot softer, but are both safe to use with these products? again, without scratching?

thanks for your help smile.gif Spens, I'm counting on you tongue.gif

The Speed Detailers should be fine on a generally clean surface... I *personally* don't rate the Autoglym spray although it does the same thing as the Megs QD's.

Ideally for QDing baodywork you will need at least two towels (MF towels are most popular but the Megs Terry type towels are also fine).

As I said on another thread yesterday, if the car needs washing, then wash it... QDing is fine for very light dust etc but never a substitute for a proper wash.
If I'm QDing the car when I get to a show then I'll mist the panel and use an MF and wipe in single strokes downwards, then follow up with a second MF and 'buff' the panel for the final shine. Has always worked very well for me and is relatively quick if the car has been well prepped beforehand. The last show I was at the people in the Show & Shine next to us were suitably unimpressed when they spent a good couple of hours doing the whole Meg's 3 step system, and we QD'd the whole car, wheels and dressed all plastics in half an hour and managed a runner up spot.

My car is like yours, always garaged so generally the routine is wash and QD... It rarely needs much else nowadays.

Hope that helps smile.gif.
www.seriousperformance.co.uk

#3 User is offline   AndyW 

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

Certainly does! Thanks very much good.gif
Looking for a paint correction service? Drop me a PM!

#4 User is offline   JamesMalin 

• View gallery

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

www.polishedbliss.co.uk

www.detailingworld.co.uk

And my personal fav which i use all the time and know the guy who owns it is :-

www.detailedobsession.co.uk
www.oc-motorsport.co.uk

For all Ford Servicing, repairs and conversions. Call or pm me for details. Based in Brentwood, Essex

www.stuffbymonkey.co.uk

Official Member Of The 'BIG HITTERS' Club

#5 User is offline   angelbabes34 

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

a touch of spray and shine.............................is ll you need!!!
www.sprayandshine.co.uk
Attended so far...5th August ford fair 2007...12th August 4 counties meet
8th September Vickydinks birthday meet...29th September Dambusters meet,Sheffield...Puma and Tigra
meet at Gaydon...January 2008....NE meet...23rd February..The dales are alive with the sound of pumas,Dales meet....15th March.....this is the story so far............!!!more to come,woooo hoooo! :-)

Life can only be understood
backwards,but it
has to be lived,forwards!!!

#6 User is offline   spenspuma 

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

Quick Detailer is my number 1 most used product in my car cleaning arsenal.

second is XXX Wax ! good.gif
SPENCER
FORD PUMA THUNDER 2002 (SOLD)
HONDA CRZ 2013

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic