• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Owner Of Ford Puma Dark Green 1.7 X Reg Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

• Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:40 PM

Hi there everyone,

I am Elvin from Newcastle Upon Tyne. I have just recently bought a second hand ford puma from harbour view motors in sunderland. Would like to change the engine oil, brake fluid and do some basic maintanance on it before anything happens to it. I have read most of the topics in this forum and found that the information is very good and advise given is quite clear. I hope to learn more about how tto maintain and repair a car as I enjoy repairing and maintaining equipment. I am a Computer Engineer and have seen and repaired various computers and resolved many different problems. Feel free to PM me if you should ever have any problems and also hope you guys would help me if I run into problems with my "new" 2nd hand car happy.gif

Oh another problem I would like to have some comments from you guys on are the insurance companies. I have went to confused.com and found the quotes to be pretty high and expensive.

Nice meeting you guys once again and hope that I will be able to meet some of you guys on the road my reg number is X788ABR by the way.
regards,

Elvin

PS: would post a photo of it when i find a good background

#2 User is offline   Sex Kitten 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

welcome to the dark side!
sex kitten
come up and see me...make me smile :wink:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO -What a Ride!:D

1.7 Moondust Silver Sep 2002 - Aug 2009, 1.7 Silver Thunder Aug 2009 -

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:50 PM

welcome biggrin.gif
have a read of this
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:03 PM

Hi and welcome to PP. Look out for a silver puma around Newcastle/Gateshead - P7 TNY. That will be Tony biggrin.gif
Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#5 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:05 PM

Welcome.
You have questions, we have answers.
Thanks for offering the PC help too. good.gif
Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

#6 User is offline   pumanurse 

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

Welcome to the club
No Comment

#7 User is offline   Sw33t 

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:32 AM

Welcome mate!

#8 Guest_darrenspalmer_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:40 AM

Welcome to the Loonie bin 19.gif

#9 User is offline   Neil 

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:52 PM

Enjoy your kat! Welcome to PP.
2006 - 2008 Ford Puma 1.7 Lux | 2008 - 2010 Ford Racing Puma #0013 | 2010 - 2012 Mini Cooper S | 2012 - ? RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup

#10 User is offline   Brigadier 

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:31 PM

The Silver Surfer was one of the greatest if not the greatest super hero in the world!. Good to know he is still around saving the skies.

Anyway welcome to the fold. I have a P Green Kat too.

Brigadier

#11 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

Well I have seen 2 or 3 silver Pumas around my area. one of them is parked in the university's car park and I believe he or she is a staff at newcastle Uni. Another one was parked near to a furniture shop called "stone something" near St James Stadium and it is silver as well wonder whose are those.

@happy-cat
yup have had a read on that planning to go down to Jenning's Ford to get my cambelt changed and perhaps changing my engine oil and brake fluid and also the brake pads as well. this car has done 72k miles already by the previous owner.

Another quick query. could qnyone tell me if it is a good idea to change the cambelt yourself? I thought of doing it by myself as i think it is the same as a bicycle's chain replacement.

Silver Surfer

This post has been edited by e3silversurfer: 23 February 2007 - 02:24 PM

#12 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

for the 1.7 if you are thinking it is like a byclce then no ... not a DIY job smile.gif has caused a few people a headache even experienced mechanics who were not familiar with the particular 1.7 VCT set up. Make sure they use the full Ford cam belt kit too. And pay an extra £20 for a new auxillory belt an if you can afford it a new gasket seal too.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#13 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Feb 23 2007, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for the 1.7 if you are thinking it is like a byclce then no ... not a DIY job smile.gif has caused a few people a headache even experienced mechanics who were not familiar with the particular 1.7 VCT set up. Make sure they use the full Ford cam belt kit too. And pay an extra £20 for a new auxillory belt an if you can afford it a new gasket seal too.

Hmmmm I think it would be best to go to a ford dealer like jennings ford or pattersons ford in north east to get the technicians/mechanics there to do the job then?

Silver Surfer

#14 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

ask them if they have done one before though smile.gif (they should have but so many dealers spout the wrong change intervals they may not have)

#15 User is offline   racingpuma1982 

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

welcome you'll enjoy it here! ive got some oil for sale if your interested just click the link.... http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67074

#16 User is offline   Rock Chick 

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:35 PM

Hi Elvin, welcome to the site.
- Val

#17 User is offline   CheshireKat 

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:09 PM

Helloooooooooo and welcome.

Oh i loved my old 1.7 pacific green pooma. Enjoy hun! ja_cool.gif

#18 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (racingpuma1982 @ Feb 23 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome you'll enjoy it here! ive got some oil for sale if your interested just click the link.... http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67074

Hi there, sounds interesting. i might buy it when I get the car this coming Wednesday. Actually I have been in the Armour Division (in the armed forces) for 2 and a half years and well got used to changing engine oil and checking tanks engine everyday. hope it is as easy as that hahaha. info bits: the tank although big and heavy can run up to 100 mph. I forgot how much horse power there is though happy.gif.

Well about the oil, I might get it from you. do reserve some for me. if you haven't, I wouldn't mind going to get them from some other shops happy.gif thanks for your offer.

Silver Surfer

This post has been edited by e3silversurfer: 24 February 2007 - 08:22 AM

#19 User is offline   e3silversurfer 

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:02 AM

• 3 Doors, Manual,
  • Coupe, Petrol,
  • 72,021 miles,
  • Turquoise met,
  • MOT-08-2006.
  • ABS, Adjustable seats, Alloy wheels, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric windows, Head restraints, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Radio/Cassette, Sports seats, Traction control, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Anti theft system, CD, Electric mirrors, Full service history, Metallic paintwork, Tinted glass.
  • One owner,
HI everyone, Just found the advert for my car still on the dealer's website. so I just linked the whole thing here happy.gif

This post has been edited by e3silversurfer: 24 February 2007 - 08:03 AM

#20 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:51 AM

That looks nice smile.gif it is Pacific Green by the way wink.gif

as you bought from a dealer and they advertised it as full service history then argue the cam belt should have been done and if not get a price discount on the car.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic