Pumapeople: Split-Kate's Hill-climb - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Split-Kate's Hill-climb Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   NTN 

• Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2004 - 05:59 AM

not perhaps everyone ball, but I had a go at a Hill Climb. Don't ask about the granite walls  :shock:  
one of those things... I was watching it last year at home, and thought, right that's it, I am going to do that next year, and nearly taken that long to get ready for it...!
Though it was not a national event date the August one so the Puma 4x4 was not there.....
Would I do it again, definately  :mrgreen:  I did not find my Kat lacking in enough grunt to enjoy it either which I did have concerns over, but she delivered   :mrgreen:  
My first run I treated as a sighting run for the 'line' and my time was 55.59 the commentators thought I was having problems wink.gif lol my second run was 47.54 which shut them up wink.gif the next was 46.03 and my last 46.53. If I could have had the last bit of my 3rd run with the first bit of my 4th run I suspect I would have been into 45 seconds.
The top two bends were the hardest, pic of avatar, the first part of the bend was OK but the right was severe and have watched many go sideways over it and on two wheels.. I found it was more about grip, coming out of the left to the right was fine it was on applying more power that the car skipped and weaved, where others were thrown sideways. I just need to practice that more to get the balance right smile.gif
Still well chuffed with my times, my first go biggrin.gif
Top day :mrgreen: and the Kat got a lot of attention, I suppose it is a bit different from the expected cars.
To some perhaps I have devalued my FRP, but I look after it (or rather Alan does) and change the oil every 6 months so I am enjoying her but taking care too.
Need LSD though I think wink.gif
I expect everyone is asleep who got this far down my waffle  :?  but I still grin over the day biggrin.gif

You should put a camera on Your cat smile.gif Definitelly !
[ntn]

...without my cat temporary...

#22 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:40 PM

Well done Kate. I missed this thread. Sounds like you had a great day!! biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:47 PM

I did Chris :rock: it was awsome smile.gif
Silverstone (and numerours other events) have a lot to answer for wink.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#24 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:12 PM

Good on you Kate!! biggrin.gif Given my other post, you can see I'm starting to think the same thing. smile.gif With the next car, I'll do a few track days during next year and maybe something more competitive later on. wink.gif

I'm a big Touring car racing fan and I've been to Silverstone loads of times to spectate. Finally getting round to taking part in the track time at Ford Fair / Trax was a real buzz. I had a grin on me like a Cheshire Cat as I buzzed about the place. As I drove around the circuit all I kept thinking of was flashbacks of touring car races gone by 'Easy here Chris, thats where Alain Menu put the Mondeo into the gravel back in 99', etc. smile.gif
All silly stuff I know, but it's what made the day for me.

Just the experience of driving in the wheeltracks of my motorsport hero's was reward itself. Could'nt care how fast I was, just next time I see time Jason Plato panel-bashing Yvan Muller off the road at Copse, I can think 'I've been round that corner!!'

So, to be honest I'll probably stick to track days at some of the major circuits around the UK, as I've sort of grown up with them. smile.gif I'm sure it would be great fun, but a competive run at the Gurston Down Hillclimb, might not hold the same appeal to me as a non-timed track-day at Knockhill. biggrin.gif However, I might still be converted. Need to buy a new helmet however!! wink.gif
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic