Pumapeople: Exhaust - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Exhaust need a new one!

#1 User is offline   nacho gal 

• Group: Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:55 AM

Just found out my insurance won't insure me with my full stainless steel exhaust so need to change it to a normal one sad.gif anybody any idea how much this wiil cost?

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:12 AM

perhaps more than changing insurer ja_stupid.gif

you might get lucky see if someone would do a swap?

what is your system and how long has it been fitted and is it the whole length including manifold?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   nacho gal 

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:28 AM

i hope it won't be more than changing insurers as i got a really good deal with direct line as i'd been a named driver on one of thier policies and no other insurer came anywhere close. About all i know about my exhuast is it's magnex i think it's a full system and it was bought in september of 2004 so i can only assume thats when it was fitted.

#4 User is offline   P7 TNY 

• View gallery

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:29 AM

would insurers ever know ????
P7 TNY

P for the first letter in my surname
7 - My daughter was born on the 7th
TNY - short for TONY

my pic profile - my daughter now aged four years old, my life, my motivation, my dream

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:35 AM

as it is a Magnex does it have a neat back box or is it the flavour which is like a mini dustbin?

have you asked them in what way they wont cover it?
you have the 'insurance is not valid at all'
'we will cover the changed part'
and the
'we will only replace the changed part with a standard item in the event of'.

only depeding on what their line actually is might help you know what to do, if they do the last one get it in writing ja_stupid.gif

but don't take my word for it I do not work in insurance
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   nacho gal 

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

no not until i have an accident and then they say that am not covered bit scared wih things like that esp when last year someone decided to turn in front of me for no apperant reason and write my car off.

i got the we won't cover it at all whatever type of exhaust cos your under 25, and in my opinion i'd say it's the one that looks like a mini dustbin, don't really like it that much do like the sound it makes though haha.

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:41 AM

'we wont cover it at all'

the exhaust or your whole poilicy?

#8 User is offline   nacho gal 

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:45 AM

i was just told they wouldn't cover it as i was under 25 maybe they just meant the exhaust but i have a feeling it was the whole policy prob worth checking out though cheers smile.gif

#9 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:53 AM

worth knowing before you drive around in your car smile.gif

#10 User is offline   mjc83 

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

gutted , if i lived closer id come across and swap with u looking for a new exhaust system, hope you get it all sorted

#11 Guest_SPV_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:00 PM

peterborough to loughborough aint far wink.gif

#12 User is offline   nacho gal 

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

cheers mcj shame u don't live near enough, bit gutted i can't keep it but oh well money is money and i can't afford to change insurers and add bout 500 wacko.gif

although i think peterborough is only bout 1hr and 20 away

#13 User is offline   rick_fdk 

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:50 AM

It's not a full system vick it's cat-back

#14 User is offline   Banny 

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (nacho gal @ Jul 26 2006, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cheers mcj shame u don't live near enough, bit gutted i can't keep it but oh well money is money and i can't afford to change insurers and add bout 500 wacko.gif
although i think peterborough is only bout 1hr and 20 away

I reckon it's less than that.... Think i could do it 50-55mins ish. Depends where in Peterborough i guess, but Lough is really easy from M1.

#15 User is offline   pumanurse 

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:33 PM

standard ford cat back system about Å“230 (was quoted for one for my MOT this year)

This post has been edited by pumanurse: 27 July 2006 - 10:34 PM

No Comment

#16 User is offline   nacho gal 

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:58 PM

Cheers puma nurse but i've been speaking to my very helpful brother who works in a garage and they'll be able to do it for me quite a bit cheaper Å“230 sounds alot. So if anyone wants a magnex cat back mine will probably be for sale very soon smile.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic