Pumapeople: Small World... - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Small World... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   springfire 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

First day at new job today, and I get stuck in traffic. For 4 miles (about half an hour) I had a blue subaru behind me, with a guy I could only describe as of oriental descent. I didn't think much of it until I (finally) pulled into the car park. He was still behind me and parked not far away.

As I walked from my car, he waited for me and struck up a conversation. Coincidence would have it that we worked for the same company. Not really much of a coincidence there, but wait, it gets better. wink.gif He apologised if he had got a bit close in the traffic as he was trying to read my url sticker, and asked if I was on here. Turns out he used to own a puma and used to be a member here. Hasn't been for a few years though, and for the life of me, I can't remember his name! I'm sure I'll see him again around and about, so I'll have to find out.

For anyone who might recognised him, he's about average height, quite big build, and as I said, of oriental descent. His scooby has a private plate S*** DOO.

He also said that he still regrets selling his puma, but isn't likely to get another due to the age of them and the mileage he does to work. He travels further than I do, and that's far enough!

I'd put this in the 'was it you' forum, but I doubt he'd come back on here and see it, but I just wanted to share my first random PP encounter. biggrin.gif
Nice to know that democracy is alive and well, and that we got to defend ourselves. Not.

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:26 PM

taking a punt wink.gif Johnny
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   springfire 

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

The name doesn't ring a bell, but then I was a bit flustered about not only arriving half an hour on my first day, but finding a random PP member! Even if he isn't on here now.
Nice to know that democracy is alive and well, and that we got to defend ourselves. Not.

#4 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

He didn't used to own a pacific Green Puma did he? wink.gif

Name will come to me at some point...I think I was the only Puma person ever to have met him back in 2000.

I still do have a pic of his Puma though, how sad am I...

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   springfire 

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:13 PM

I'll ask him next time I talk to him. wink.gif

Ahhhh.. maybe I was wrong about him visiting the site...

This post has been edited by springfire: 12 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

#6 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

Could be right there, Cherie!! Hope the new job is ok.
Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#7 User is offline   sky 

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:06 PM

Mmmm, Mr JC was the name stuck in my head too...
Jason Aspinall, Original site creator, since '98
http://www.chilledatthebottom.com
http://www.chilled35.com
Mmm, clicky :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic