Pumapeople: Headlight Seals - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Headlight Seals

#1 User is offline   jemma p 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Hi I am looking for replacement rubber seals around the headlights.Are these avalaible from Ford main dealers ? or has any body got some..Also I am after a replacement passenger door mirror (in black) for my millenium ,as some kind person has walked into it broke it.

#2 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hello and Welcome here Jemma,

I don't believe the seals for the headlamps are available separately, I'm almost certain you would need to buy new headlamps if the seals are goosed you may need new headlamps anyway, It would enhance your Puma also. It's entirely up to you however as they are a bit pricey.
Posted Image
Ford Puma 1.7 2008 ~ Ford Puma Thunder 1.7 2008 - ~ Ford Racing Puma (0182/500) 2011 -

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

I would be temped to remove the unit give them a proper clean (guide in the wiki) and using something like safe cut polish the lights up and then using a mastic carefully seal the rubbers where they have split.
But if you think you need new seals because of condensation I would first check to ensure that the headlamp vent hose on each one has been fitted. You have to disconnect it when you remove the units from the car.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   nottadam 

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

I think the OP is referring to the rubber strip around the outside of the headlamps where it meets the wing and bonnet line.
A call or visit to a Ford parts department would tell you if they are available or not.
FRP#008, 2001 1.6 Med Steel Blue, Fiesta 1.5 TDCi Zetec S

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic