Pumapeople: Custom Sunstrips - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Sunstrips

#1 User is offline   Wildcat 

• Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

Anyone know any good companies who'll do windscreen sunstrips with anything you want on them? Thing is, I was thinking about getting one made in dark blue with a full colour Ford Racing logo in the centre and stylised chequered flags on either end. Trouble is I've as yet to find anyone who'll do a design from scratch with your own logos, designs and things. Most companies I've seen only go as far as readymade designs, letters of your choice etc.

#2 User is offline   martinthrapston 

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

try a local sign making company...

#3 User is offline   Wildcat 

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

Sign companies? Would they do decals for cars?

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:29 PM

Some do some don't
look in your local yellow pages and be busy on the phone

What you are after is a standard sun strip plain background (could get this from any sun strip place in the colour you want)
Then you get a sign place to make your logo and flag etc. for you
you apply the strip to the car and then layer on the other stuff you got made up

You do not get one sun strip in one go with every thing on it
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#5 User is offline   Wildcat 

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

A multi company thing, aye? Hmm. Yeah, I can see how that could work for the logo, but the flag would merge with the blue strip. A good example of what I mean is that two tone FRP I've seen here. The front half is silver then merges with the blue rear in a chequered flag motif. So what I'd have is a blue stripe with a chequered flag pattern at both ends.

This post has been edited by Wildcat: 25 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

#6 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

I provided the height and length of what I wanted and the colours to get the bits for my strip.
Though who I used does not do it anymore.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic