Pumapeople: Ford Audio Options - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ford Audio Options

#1 User is offline   Keif2016 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

Hi all. First question post from me. Love my 2001 1.7 Puma but it came with an aftermarket audio system with little little buttons that you need a microscope to see. Can anyone tell me what is the best Ford unit with a CD facility that will fit straight in. I see there was a 6 disc set available at one time, is that a possibility? If anyone has one and wants a Kenwood radio/CD in part exchange let me know....

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

The 6 disc was available as option, but the single CD 6000 stereo is OK, I like this one as the buttons are nice and big and on/on button turn left right for volume rather then separate button for up down and off (though I think the later version of this stero had the other buttons mentioned).
Posted Image
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   Trixie 

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:18 PM

I agree with Happy Kat. I've got the basic 6000 CD player as per the picture above and I find it absolutely fine. Simple to use and a good sound.

#4 User is offline   Oates 

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:08 PM

Ive had 2 Thunders and found the 6006 6 disc unit was not the best from Ford. Also impossible to find in good working order.
I took my last one out and replaced it with a 6000 model, i agree with the previous comments for this option, cheers.
Matt

#5 User is offline   Keif2016 

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for the replies....I will let you know what I decide and how it works out.

#6 User is offline   keladrin 

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:28 AM

Replaced front speakers with Jordan JX92 full-range units. Vast improvement in sound quality but had to drill some holes - fit in quite nicely.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic