Pumapeople: Paint Work - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paint Work

#1 User is offline   nico1103 

• Group: Members

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

hello one and all ,i was driving home last nite when a lad hit my car with stone on the drivers door,its taking the silver paint off down to the under coat,i am a little worried it will rust in time is there anything i can do too stop it rusting while i wait for the parents to sort what they are going to do.i usually would not be bothered but the car is my one and only,and secondly kids today think they are above the law ,so i will not let this matter drop kids today should learn that they must be held responsible for there action,any ideas what to use cheers........
if you live by the sword u must die by the sword..

#2 User is offline   Pit Viper 

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

Sorry to hear that, mate. Did he throw it directly at you on purpose? If so, if it were me I'd have parked up around the corner to keep the car out of sight, got my 'kit' wink.gif out of the boot, found him and had a bit of a 'word' if you know what I mean. Anyway, if it's only down to the primer and not showing bare metal then it shouldn't rust, but to be on the safe side I'd still touch it in temporarily with some more primer if you have it until you sort out a more permanant repair. Metal will only rust when in contact with air and moisture so you should be okay for the time being.

Hope you get it sorted smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pit Viper: 17 September 2008 - 09:30 AM

#3 User is offline   nico1103 

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Pit Viper @ Sep 17 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to hear that, mate. Did he throw it directly at you on purpose? If so, if it were me I'd have parked up around the corner to keep the car out of sight, got my 'kit' wink.gif out of the boot, found him and had a bit of a 'word' if you know what I mean. Anyway, if it's only down to the primer and not showing bare metal then it shouldn't rust, but to be on the safe side I'd still touch it in temporarily with some more primer if you have it until you sort out a more permanant repair. Metal will only rust when in contact with air and moisture so you should be okay for the time being.

Hope you get it sorted smile.gif

cheers mate yep he did it on purpose,spoke to his parents waste off time ,gonna phone police but they are useless...anyways thanks again........
if you live by the sword u must die by the sword..

#4 User is offline   RichB 

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:11 PM

and we wonder why kids are such a pain in the arse these days with such caring and helpful parents.
Finally a Puma owner! only took 4 years!!!

#5 User is offline   andydum 

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

if its down to bare metal you can get a product called KURUST from halfords,its like a milky substance,you just dab abit on and leave 24hrs before painting, this stuff turns even rust metal into good again and prevents fresh metal from rusting.. great thing to have

#6 User is offline   zara014 

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (RichB @ Sep 17 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and we wonder why kids are such a pain in the arse these days with such caring and helpful parents.

Tell me about it - I had a brick thrown off my old car (was a corsa but not the point) by one of those little shites of kids around the area - Police did absolutely nothng - had to fork out for a total resprays and repair of the bonnet myself!

You cant keep nothing these days without someons child ruining it! And the parents couldnt give two monkeys about what their kids r up 2 ranting2.gif
Well rant over ...... lol
Posted Image
** Zara & FRP#014 **

#7 User is offline   amy 

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

Yeah I agree - bloody kids today...

Some horrible kids scratched up my bonnet a couple months back... that was right down to the metal, i left it for about 6weeks before i had it re-sprayed and that didnt rust at all... maybe i was just lucky though.. smile.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic