Pumapeople: I Fancy A Frp - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I Fancy A Frp

#1 User is offline   pabloh 

• Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:53 AM

I currently have a standard 1.7 Puma and passed a FRP the other day (Mid Calder, was it u?!) and now i want one! problem is it'd be my everyday car and by what i can c from owners posts its not really a day to day car, or is it...?

How do they compare to the standard one? I fancy a new car but love the puma so this would be ideal

#2 User is offline   Dani 

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

I drive my FRP 60 miles each day on back roads and I get on great with mine. I find it comfortable and easy to drive even though the roads are full of pot holes and bumps! If you respect the car and drive it to the condition of the roads then it will see you right as an everyday car. That's just my opinion though - a lot of people don't agree!!
FRP No. 185

#3 User is offline   racingpuma1982 

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:03 PM

I drive mine everyday aswell and its fine. The ride is bumpier than a standard puma so you need to watch out for pot holes. Other than that is pretty much the same as a standard puma driving normally. Its when you put your foot down and go round corners the fun begins!

#4 User is offline   FRPV52 

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:14 PM

I drive mine every day too, mainly in town traffic and she behaves well but come the weekend....Southend to Lakeside for a pint of milk? YAY! Its fun fun fun all the way...

peter (frpv52)

#5 User is offline   girlracer 

• Group: Validating

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:09 PM

I drive mine everyday and agree with FRPV52, racingpuma1982 and Dani!

#6 User is offline   spacedmonkeys 

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:36 AM

There is a previous post about this from months ago.

I drive mine 30 miles to work through a mix of dual carriageway, traffic queues, and twisty country B roads.... and 30 miles back along the M42 and dual carriageways. I also use it for business trips up and down the country. The car is fine.

However when you drive another car you realise that the FRP does need a bit more effort and is a bit more tiring than say, your average Astra.

For me the pleasure of owning and driving the car outweigh any disadvantages. Of course you get through brakes quicker and more petrol but you would with any car using it every day.

Oh and I think the hard ride makes me want to pee more as Im always bursting by time i get to destination!!!! (or is it just me getting old).

#7 User is offline   P7 TNY 

• View gallery

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

Never owned FRP a car- but surely all cars made for driving on roads – if not they would be aeroplanes – my view is why buy a car and not drive it !
P7 TNY

P for the first letter in my surname
7 - My daughter was born on the 7th
TNY - short for TONY

my pic profile - my daughter now aged four years old, my life, my motivation, my dream

#8 User is offline   AdamFRP 

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

As long as you keep it serviced (especially the brake calipers) you'll be fine, I was commuting into east london every day in mine and had no complaints, you will find that you'll take all sorts of odd routes home just for the fun of it - I continually come up with excuses just to go for a drive laugh.gif
2002 Honda Accord Type R

#9 User is offline   pabloh 

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

Racing Puma me up! Hopefully start seriously looking before the end of the year.

With my job its kinda constant 0.5- 1 mile trips all the time, pottering around town. Obviously the frp isnt ideal for this kinda lifestyle but its only 9-5 i suppose eh! There is a tendancey for folk to get a bit carried away when it comes to this type of car, i suppose at the end of the day its a car just the same as any other (looks and performance aside!)

#10 User is offline   FRPV52 

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (spacedmonkeys @ Jul 18 2007, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a previous post about this from months ago.

I drive mine 30 miles to work through a mix of dual carriageway, traffic queues, and twisty country B roads.... and 30 miles back along the M42 and dual carriageways. I also use it for business trips up and down the country. The car is fine.

However when you drive another car you realise that the FRP does need a bit more effort and is a bit more tiring than say, your average Astra.

For me the pleasure of owning and driving the car outweigh any disadvantages. Of course you get through brakes quicker and more petrol but you would with any car using it every day.

Oh and I think the hard ride makes me want to pee more as Im always bursting by time i get to destination!!!! (or is it just me getting old).

its just you getting old...it does that to me too...every time i drive lol

QUOTE (AdamFRP @ Jul 18 2007, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As long as you keep it serviced (especially the brake calipers) you'll be fine, I was commuting into east london every day in mine and had no complaints, you will find that you'll take all sorts of odd routes home just for the fun of it - I continually come up with excuses just to go for a drive laugh.gif

thats what I do....long routes for short distances just to hear the snap crackle and pop or to feel her stick to corners at speed or too burst past BMW's and Jags or to.....oops getting carried away... God I love my FRP!

Peter (frpv52)

#11 User is offline   CheshireKat 

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

I drive mine 60 mile round trip everyday too, but mainly motorway driving. keep it to a decent speed and the fuels not so bad, but ive found it a tad more costly than my 1.7 to run. But it will be the best buzz you will ever get woot2.gif woot2.gif

#12 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (pabloh @ Jul 24 2007, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i suppose at the end of the day its a car just the same as any other (looks and performance aside!)

ohmy.gif cool2.gif cool2.gif

not it's not.... tongue.gif
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic