Pumapeople: Hpi Check Definately Worth It.....! - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hpi Check Definately Worth It.....! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Puma2010 

• Group: Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

Hi, as stated in another thread I have just become the proud owner of a puma. However, I almost bought a dud. It was a v reg 1.7 with very low miles at a very reasonable price. However, a HPI check with the RAC showed several mileage discrepancies on the NMR/ national mileage register. So for all those looking to get one, I stongly recommend getting a HPI check done, especially as they don't cost much. I obviously avoided the v-reg and found myself a geniune one.

C.
Since my first car I have always looked to own cars that would be great to drive, but on a reasonable budget. These are the cars that I have owned over the years, from my first to present:
1. Mk1 Fiesta 1300S | 2. Mk1 Fiesta XR2 | 3. Puma 1.7 in Melina Blue | 4. Mk2 Toyota MR2 GT | 5. Mk3 Cortina 1600L | 6. Honda CRX ESi | 7. Ford Sportka | 8. Honda Civic VTi -S | 9. Toyota Yaris 1.8 SR | 10. Honda Civic 1.8 SE i-vTEC | 11. Puma 1.7 in Moondust Silver

#2 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

Good news that
Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

#3 User is offline   ianv5 

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:57 PM

View PostChrisHollyPuma, on 17 March 2010 - 08:44 AM, said:

Hi, as stated in another thread I have just become the proud owner of a puma. However, I almost bought a dud. It was a v reg 1.7 with very low miles at a very reasonable price. However, a HPI check with the RAC showed several mileage discrepancies on the NMR/ national mileage register. So for all those looking to get one, I stongly recommend getting a HPI check done, especially as they don't cost much. I obviously avoided the v-reg and found myself a geniune one.

C.

Was it a red one by any chance? I looked at one earlier this year in Red with 33k on the clock! Owner had only one key, no service record/mots and log book was registered at a different address and different owner. Made my excuses and walked away!

#4 User is offline   Puma2010 

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

That sounds like another dodgy one. The one I saw was a black v-reg 1.7.

C.
Since my first car I have always looked to own cars that would be great to drive, but on a reasonable budget. These are the cars that I have owned over the years, from my first to present:
1. Mk1 Fiesta 1300S | 2. Mk1 Fiesta XR2 | 3. Puma 1.7 in Melina Blue | 4. Mk2 Toyota MR2 GT | 5. Mk3 Cortina 1600L | 6. Honda CRX ESi | 7. Ford Sportka | 8. Honda Civic VTi -S | 9. Toyota Yaris 1.8 SR | 10. Honda Civic 1.8 SE i-vTEC | 11. Puma 1.7 in Moondust Silver

#5 User is offline   bazandmaz 

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Incredibly topical, I bought a 99T with full history just over 2 years ago for my girlfriend. In great nick at the time, full history and heaps of MOT's, bills etc.

Sold it yesterday to webuyanycar.com and whilst the guy was really nice about it he showed me the exact period in time when the dealer i bought it from had clocked it, to the tune of about 30,000 miles. Needless to say it affected the price of the, not drastically as we weren't expecting a lot for it due to a minor misfire but please everyone be very careful and do get the HPI done.

It's the only car i've ever bought without one and I won't be doing it again! When I went to see it I poured over all the documentation and checked back the mileage of each of the m.o.t's and they all married up. It seems however that in the year it was clocked there had been a massive spike in the mileage so it could be clocked and still show higher miles that the previous years m.o.t.

At least it is now gone but please do not buy T645WPB if you see it advertised.

Thanks, Baz and his dented pride!

#6 User is offline   dawesy 

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:29 AM

well worth doing. i used the 'mytextcheck' one when looking for our puma.
first one was re-listed on ebay (due to time waster) no mention of any accident damage though. a couple of things didn't sit right with it. the front bumper was slightly misaligned in the pic and it had no plates on in the ad (could have been private plates not included)
got the reg off the guy and it turned out to have several losses on it most recent a cat c loss about a year before!!!
i left it of course but it sold for £680 (think it was an r or s plate).
for the sake of £3 its well worth it

This post has been edited by dawesy: 20 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

my other toy has 470bhp

#7 User is offline   Puma2010 

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

It's quite worrying really. At least there are lots of checks we can do nowadays to help avoid such cars.
C.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic