Pumapeople: Be Careful - Pumapeople

What goes in here...

Free ads for Pumapeople members to sell their wares, be it cars, accessories and the like :) Please be sure to put car sales in the correct subforums at the top of the page - everything else (for the time being) can be lumped in the general forum

eBay links to e-bay auctions may ONLY be placed providing the member has at least 25 posts to their name.

Links to eBay auctions not complying with this rule will be deleted.
  • 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Be Careful

#1 User is offline   victor manuel 

• Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

Hi

I am Victor, from Spain. I am purchasing parts to make my own FRP-like Puma

I have been waiting for a long time but now I think it is time for all of you to know this.

Last 18 th of August I purchased from a pumapeople member an FRP suspension set and paid for it inmediately by Paypal. I gave him two different addresses and he says he has tried to send it to me three times by Parcelforce but nothing has arrived and he never gives me a tracking reference. He says the third time he has sent to me his personal spare set while he was waiting for the suspension to be returned to him, but nothing has arrived.

I contacted Parcelforce but they need a tracking reference, and I cannot get anyone

Finally I have won an eBay auction and got a new FRP suspension from National Clearance Center. It has been sent by Parcelforce to the same address with no problem. NCC gave me tracking reference and I was able to track the parcel all the time, although I didnīt have to do anything in the end.

The "seller" does not answer any PM lately.

So I have had to pay twice for the same thing. Thatīs the truth

So, please, be careful when purchasing

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

Probably worth naming the member and hearing his side.

Did you try and obtain a refund via Paypal?

#3 User is offline   victor manuel 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

I have written all the explanations he gave to me. The first time he sent me what seemed to be a tracking information summary (copy & paste) but with no tracking reference. Afterwards, he hasnīt give me any other information from the second delivery attempt to a different address and finally he said he had sent his spare suspension set but none ot these three delivery attempts has arrived to any of the two addresses I gave to him. He says "there was nobody to sign for" but in my building there is a doorkeeper 24 hours a day, and he has received my NCC set without any problem.

The main questions are:

-Why such a delay for delivery attempts? I have received NCC suspension by Parcelforce in a week from payment. And I paid him on 18 th of august inmediately by Paypal

-I always have to send PMs and ask him. He never asks me or send a PM to me to know about the situation. Besides, it always take some days to get an answer, although he appears to be on line in the forum. He seems to be very busy and travel frequently for business (thatīs what he tells me). Finally, he has not answered my last PMs

-He never gives me a tracking reference. Why???

-I gave him my mobile number and e-mail address several times to be used by the courier to contact me. He says he has given them to the courier but nobody has tried to contact me and nobody has left any delivery notification

So, I really donīt trust in him. What do you think he is going to say here?. I am proud of my education and I do not like to write his name here. Yet, itīs easy to find posts in the "For sale" section.

This post is only intended for all members to be careful when purchasing. I hope this will not happen again to anyone in the forum.

And finally, yes I should contact Paypal but it is more than 45 days from payment and that is the limit to start a complaint. Nevertheless, I will contact them but I am not very confident.

View PostIan G, on 05 November 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

Probably worth naming the member and hearing his side.

Did you try and obtain a refund via Paypal?

#4 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

I don't really appreciate you not naming the persons username on here as he or she may rip someone else off.
Posted Image
Ford Puma 1.7 2008 ~ Ford Puma Thunder 1.7 2008 - ~ Ford Racing Puma (0182/500) 2011 -

#5 User is offline   rocm 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

Possibly the same guy from Scotland who people from Project Puma were looking for and have now traced.

#6 User is offline   victor manuel 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Well, as I told you this post is only intended for members to know what has happened to me and be careful when purchasing. I don´t want to make anyone to feel ashamed in public. That´s not what I am looking for, because I am sure I wouldn´t get anything of value with it. What I don´t understand is his repeated lack of information and interest and this is the reason for I don´t trust in him

Perhaps you are right and if he reads this post maybe he will give me a good solution and he will have an oportunity to explain what has happened. Yet I think this will be like a preach in the wilderness. Perhaps if he reads this post he will know I am talking about him and will contact me without seeing his name written here. I do not know if he deserves it, but I would like to give him a final chance without publishing his name. Nevertheless, if you are interested you can look for FRP shocks and springs posts in the FRP for sale section...

Regards

View PostJHT1888, on 05 November 2011 - 02:34 PM, said:

I don't really appreciate you not naming the persons username on here as he or she may rip someone else off.

This post has been edited by victor manuel: 05 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

#7 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

View Postrocm, on 05 November 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

Possibly the same guy from Scotland who people from Project Puma were looking for and have now traced.

lol someone from scotland ? And who would that be ?
Posted Image
Ford Puma 1.7 2008 ~ Ford Puma Thunder 1.7 2008 - ~ Ford Racing Puma (0182/500) 2011 -

#8 User is offline   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

We can search and guess and perhaps be wrong.

There is no problem in being clear.

#9 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

rocm seems to think it's definitely someone from Scotland that is responsible

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

for gods sake..spit it out...who is it??

:blink:
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#11 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

Even if we found out who it was it doesn't necessarily mean the person didn't send the items out. it's quite possible the items have been lost by the courier.

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   victor manuel 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

Of course courier may have lost items. Yet, three delivery attempts have failed with no proof of any delivery attempt. Nevertheless, if I am worried about him is because he does not seem to be interested in contacting me and he never gives to me the tracking information I requested from him so many times. I purchased a radio in the past from a Projectpuma member and we also had delivery problems but sellerīs performance was always excellent and I finally received the radio without any problem and now it is fitted in my Puma.

So, my doubt is only due to his attitude because I do know delivery problems really occur. If he had behaved better I would not write this. I do not like the way he does things but I canīt say surely he is guilty of anything else.
Thatīs a good reason to avoid saying clearly his name.

Anyway, I have paid for sth I have never received. Maybe there have been courier failures, but I need good evidence to trust in him again. I have sent many PMs to him without success. I hope he will read this post and finally give me a good solution

PS: he is not from Scotland

View PostJHT1888, on 05 November 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

Even if we found out who it was it doesn't necessarily mean the person didn't send the items out. it's quite possible the items have been lost by the courier.

#13 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Don't worry about rocm, Victor, never even seen her on here before maybe she has had many accounts on here obviously just an attention seeker. Anyway, Victor, what I don't get is why haven't you bothered about a refund ? It wouldn't be me I'd be contacting paypal the now.

This post has been edited by JHT1888: 05 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   victor manuel 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

That´s because I am a good fellow and give a lot of opportunities to others. The first time I thought about it I read in Paypal website that time limit to start a complaint is 45 days and it was too late.
I will try it anyway but now I think I have been very stupid

By the way, he has been reading this topic...

View PostJHT1888, on 05 November 2011 - 06:33 PM, said:

Don't worry about rocm, Victor, never even seen her on here before maybe she has had many accounts on here obviously just an attention seeker. Anyway, Victor, what I don't get is why haven't you bothered about a refund ? It wouldn't be me I'd be contacting paypal the now.

This post has been edited by victor manuel: 05 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

#15 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Victor,
I have just received a message from the person. And they tell me that they sent the item out and then 2 weeks later the parcel was sent back to themself as the address that YOU gave the sender did not exist.
You said that the sender didn't give you a tracking number? I don't believe that because I have had dealings with the same person and they always give me the name of the courier, the date of courier collection and date of shipping by the courier and the person also gives me the tracking number aswell. The Sender gave you the benefit of the doubt AFTER the first attempt was a failure to send to the first address as the address never existed that you gave. The sender then sent it out for a second time to a new address which you told the sender and the sender was willing to pay another £30 to make sure it got to you after you refused to pay £30.

Now from the sender seems to be out £60 plus whatever the item are worth on top of that ?

seems like you have got abit more explaining to do.

This post has been edited by JHT1888: 05 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image

#16 User is offline   victor manuel 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hi,
Well, finally he has done something...

First time items were sent to the address included in my Paypal account and where I receive the letters from my bank account associated to my Paypal account. It is my parentsī home, where I lived until I married. My name is still written in the mailbox and my mother is almost always at home excepted when she goes out on foot to buy some food. I have received there the radio I told you, a set of compomotive wheels from eBay, a set of FRP wheels from pumabuild, a complete FRP exhaust system, a complete FRP rear brakes set... Do you think this address does not exist? Besides, he never said to me that address does not exist. He told me there was nobody available to sign.
Nevertheless, one month ago DHL tried to deliver an item to a friend of mine and said address was not correct and finally it was correct; so, anything can happen.

When I asked him for tracking reference the first time he send this message to me on 14 th of september:

Hi Victor,

This is the tracking information i have from Parcel Force. No one was at home when they tried to Deliver.

31-08-201122:16International HubReceived in destination country22-08-201113:09Delivery Agent - SPAINDelivery problem - unable to sign22-08-201106:53Delivery Agent - SPAINReceived at delivery depot21-08-201109:01Delivery Agent - MADRID AP CORREOSReceived in destination country20-08-201110:55International HubForwarded for export20-08-201102:13International HubReceived and processed19-08-201119:467330040Forwarded for processing19-08-201109:43North Essex DepotCollected from customer

As you can see, he never says that address does not exist. And although he says he used Parcelforce, there is no tracking reference. I used copy & paste to send this information to Parcelforce but they cannot help me. They need a tracking reference and I have never got anyone.

Then, I decided to give him my own address because I was back at home after my holidays. I have also received items here, including the FRP suspension bought from NCC in eBay

This is what he told me on 13 th of october:

They are on my way back to me again as no one was in to sign for it!

I have sent my spare set to you today while I wait to receive the others back.
Again, there was nobody to sign for it. I have asked him for tracking reference several times and I also gave him my mobile number and e-mail to give them to the courier. Finally, he sent this message on 20 th of october:

Hi victor,

I'm away on business so I don't have time or facilities to respond to your PM. I don't no appreciate your posts in my threads, my secutary is doing her best to sort his for you.

I have sen you my own personal spare set of suspension at my own cost. It costs me Ģ35 each time I have re sent your parcel a total of 3 times at Ģ105. The first time it was sent to your parents house via parcel force and no one was home so it get deliverd back to me.

The 2nd time I re set the parcel to your home address via parcel force and a cost of Ģ35 which I have paid for which also no one was there to sign for it. It is on its way back to me and I haven't recived it back I have since sent my own set at my own cost and says it is international customs.

I give the courier your email and phone number but it's up to them if there use it. I have no control once it has left me and it is on its way.

As you can see HE NEVER HAS SAID TO ME THAT ADDRESS DOES NOT EXIST, HE NEVER HAS GIVEN TO ME A TRACKING REFERENCE, HE NEVER HAS ASKED ME TO PAY FOR TRYING DELIVERY AGAIN AND I HAVE NEVER REFUSED TO PAY ANYTHING

Whatīs your opinion now??

Regards

View PostJHT1888, on 05 November 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

Victor,
I have just received a message from the person. And they tell me that they sent the item out and then 2 weeks later the parcel was sent back to themself as the address that YOU gave the sender did not exist.
You said that the sender didn't give you a tracking number? I don't believe that because I have had dealings with the same person and they always give me the name of the courier, the date of courier collection and date of shipping by the courier and the person also gives me the tracking number aswell. The Sender gave you the benefit of the doubt AFTER the first attempt was a failure to send to the first address as the address never existed that you gave. The sender then sent it out for a second time to a new address which you told the sender and the sender was willing to pay another Ģ30 to make sure it got to you after you refused to pay Ģ30.

Now from the sender seems to be out Ģ60 plus whatever the item are worth on top of that ?

seems like you have got abit more explaining to do.

#17 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Ok So maybe you have received the radio you told me about, and the set of compomotive wheels from eBay, and the set of FRP wheels from pumabuild, and a complete FRP exhaust system, aswell as the complete FRP rear brakes set.

Nevermind about the sender not syaing about addresses not existing the fact of the matter is You said your mother is ALMOSY always at home But almost always isn't always maybe she was out when the courier attempted to deliver it as the evidence suggests that you pasted yourself this seems to be the case no one was clearly in to sign for it so of course parcelforce would not just leave it at the door step, someone has to sign for it.

And the messages that you pasted on here that you claim what he said on october 20th you could've just typed that out. unless of course you strong proof that this is what the sender sent you. a screenshot would be better takes 2 seconds

This post has been edited by JHT1888: 05 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   victor manuel 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hi

Perhaps I will look like an idiot but I do not know how to add a screen shot to a post.

Yet, I am absolutely sure I am not lying. It is up to you to believe in what I am saying but the fact is I have never received a tracking reference. This would have been enough to avoid a lot of inconveniences.

Anyway, as I have told you, I already have a brand new set from NCC and can go on with my project. When I started this post I was absolutely sure it wouldnīt be useful for me. I have lost my money and my time, and this is only important for me in the end. Thatīs all.

I hope I will forget all about this awkward and expensive question as soon as I can see my new suspension fitted

Thanks

View PostJHT1888, on 05 November 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

Ok So maybe you have received the radio you told me about, and the set of compomotive wheels from eBay, and the set of FRP wheels from pumabuild, and a complete FRP exhaust system, aswell as the complete FRP rear brakes set.

Nevermind about the sender not syaing about addresses not existing the fact of the matter is You said your mother is ALMOSY always at home But almost always isn't always maybe she was out when the courier attempted to deliver it as the evidence suggests that you pasted yourself this seems to be the case no one was clearly in to sign for it so of course parcelforce would not just leave it at the door step, someone has to sign for it.

And the messages that you pasted on here that you claim what he said on october 20th you could've just typed that out. unless of course you strong proof that this is what the sender sent you. a screenshot would be better takes 2 seconds

#19 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

But the parcel was sent out to you. So it's not as if the sender has took money off you and not sent it out he has actually sent the item out to you the evidence you showed me shows that. I don't know why you waited 3 months or so without informing paypal about the situation I would still goto paypal and see if you can get compensation if you paid through your credit card I would try through your bank aswell.

It's great you got suspension elsewhere and you can continue with your project but if you geniunly didn't receive your item from the sender here then I'd contact paypal and your bank about it. The sender would've been willing to take the item back if you had it and give you the refund if it suddenly turns up.

You can't expect the sender to offer you a refund, for all we know you could be lying and you could have received the item I'm not saying you have I'm saying people do this for a living. it's not as if he runs his own business and it's not the senders fault these things can happen, it's happened to me on ebay before but luckily I got a refund through paypal it's crap on you and crap on the seller but it happens. you really should've contacted your bank and paypal sooner but I'd still try if I were you.

Posted Image

#20 User is offline   victor manuel 

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hi

I understand what you say. I do know there is a kind of people who lie to get an item without paying for it, but thatīs not my case. I have been asking almost every day to my mother and my doorkeepers if sth had arrived, but this never happened.
I am sure delivery failures can happen. Thatīs not the problem. As I told you what I do not like is his lack of interest and the lack of any tracking reference. In the absence of any of these things, I would go on patiently waiting for the suspension to arrive. As I have told you, I think I am a good person and give a lot of opportunities to people. So, I cannot say clearly he is lying and so I have never said his name. Yet, I am not lying. I only can say I cannot trust in him due to the way things have happened.

Thanks for your Paypal advice. I am not rich. In fact, I am a very busy worker. I do not know how long is the way to get a Paypal refund but I am not sure if I want to waste more time. Perhaps you can think I am lying when you read this but this question has become very unpleasant for me and I want to finish it ASAP and donīt think about it anymore. I am absolutely tired of sending PMs and wait for any information. Sometimes it is better to loose some money and win some mental peace. This topic was my last chance, and I only started it because he didnīt answer my last PMs.

Fortunately, I think I have got all the parts needed for my car project. So, I will not have to purchase things for a long time and will be able to forget this incident

Regards

View PostJHT1888, on 05 November 2011 - 08:45 PM, said:

But the parcel was sent out to you. So it's not as if the sender has took money off you and not sent it out he has actually sent the item out to you the evidence you showed me shows that. I don't know why you waited 3 months or so without informing paypal about the situation I would still goto paypal and see if you can get compensation if you paid through your credit card I would try through your bank aswell.

It's great you got suspension elsewhere and you can continue with your project but if you geniunly didn't receive your item from the sender here then I'd contact paypal and your bank about it. The sender would've been willing to take the item back if you had it and give you the refund if it suddenly turns up.

You can't expect the sender to offer you a refund, for all we know you could be lying and you could have received the item I'm not saying you have I'm saying people do this for a living. it's not as if he runs his own business and it's not the senders fault these things can happen, it's happened to me on ebay before but luckily I got a refund through paypal it's crap on you and crap on the seller but it happens. you really should've contacted your bank and paypal sooner but I'd still try if I were you.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked