Pumapeople: New Users Please Read - Updated January 2012 - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Users Please Read - Updated January 2012 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

After an alarming increase in the number of spam users trying to register I've made the question to register a bit more difficult, bit of a geography one for you.

Shouldn't be too difficult for UK residents, my apologies to anyone who has to do a bit of research to answer, the hope is that it will put spammers off or at least decrease the volume of registrations to a sensible level which we can more easily deal with.

If anyone has suggestions for questions which are not to difficult for genuine users but will cause problems for everyone else, you are welcome to provide me with some, preferably Puma related but that's probably not essential.

If anyone genuine users are having problems signing up please contact me ian@pumapeople.com

#2 User is offline   to purr or not 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hello Ian, I am new here, you could ask new people to supply a photo of their car with them in the photo - so they cannot download any old picture. That way the least anyone has to do is find a 'spare' car to photograph and you will be building up a database of Puma's.

#3 User is offline   Ian G 

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Problem is it needs to be automated, I don't manually check them all. So something that the user can do which the computer can check. Photo of that would be difficult for that.

Also don't want to make it too difficult or discourage anyone from signing up.

#4 User is offline   Andyroo01 

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Hiya new here I'm andyroo

#5 User is offline   yvie 

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hello
I've paid a deposit on my Puma which I collect later this week. Cant wait...

#6 User is offline   CartMan 

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

I do remember when I first signed up, back in 03, that we had to enter a Puma VIN number to be alowed in. Perhaps this should be reintroduced?
1998 Puma 1.7 Replica FRP. innlet nr 138
Projekt tread http://www.pumapeopl...pic=104790&st=0

Time, is the fire in which we burn

#7 User is offline   Ian G 

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

Perhaps, but genuine people may not have it to hand and non-genuine people can easily find or make one.

#8 User is offline   CartMan 

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

True :) + poeple who are looking to buy one don't nesseseraly have one either :)
1998 Puma 1.7 Replica FRP. innlet nr 138
Projekt tread http://www.pumapeopl...pic=104790&st=0

Time, is the fire in which we burn

#9 User is offline   hendas 

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hi I'm new to this I think the puma is a great car. It's looks put most modern cars to shame

#10 User is offline   fordoldtimer 

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

Hi peeps, fordoldtimer here, at 57 i feel 75,,but young at heart, also known as yankfan101 at Tourque Cars, think Rudder666 knows of me there, just about to get me a Puma Thunder, but need a few hints as to the do's & dont's when buying one, all replies greatfully accepted,,, Had fords from the 40's through to my present car, a Focus dti, cant fault it in any way,,if i ever figure out how to send pics then i surely will.. TTFN.

#11 User is offline   Ian G 

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

Welcome :)

#12 User is offline   mr gee 

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

Hi everone always wanted a ford puma in my 20's and turning 40 desided to ditch the family bus and get a puma 76,000 miles on the clock and body wise just small bits to do not bad for a 15 year old car and for under 1,000 pounds what a bargain and so much fun to drive car can any know how to up date my profle picture and up date pictures please ?

#13 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

Hi
Very top menu on the right where your name is then My Profile and then Edit my profile and in there you can change the photo
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#14 User is offline   Angove93 

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

Hello

Im new here. I really love the ford Puma, my parents had one when I was younger.

Im really looking for a Racing Puma and looking to find out what to look out for when buying one, or if anyone knows of one for sale!

Cheers
Matt

#15 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:40 AM

Hi
Lots of information on this site have a look around.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#16 User is offline   Kazgti 

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

Hi all
Got my Puma two weeks ago and I'm loving it.
53 but this thing makes me feel 19 again :) trouble is there's speed cameras now!
In Essex would love to join in any local meets

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic