Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Extra Warranty?

#1 User is offline   Stacey 

• Group: Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

hi everyone,

having just picked up my new car today and being very pleased with it im wantin to keep it in the best nick!

did any one get an extra warranty or does anyone think i should get one of these? think ford said it would be 300 for 2 years? do u think this is worth it?

car is 5 years old and has 37,000 miles on it, i have full service history past mot's etc and everything looks fine so far?

thanks!

#2 User is offline   Mr Pies 

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

depends what it covers to be honest might be worth asking for some bumpf and having a read. i know that when i got my Ka some years back it wasnt really worth the paper it was written on, but that was nearly 6 years ago now, and i got it as piece of mind as a young motorist.

#3 User is offline   Rog 

• Location:In an R32 on the twisty bits of the North York Moors

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:26 AM

The peace of mind an additional warranty can bring (above what your rights provide you with having bought a `roadworthy' car from a dealer, which remain quite extensive) I have found is worth its weight in gold. good.gif

Of course you must read the small print for what it doesn't cover, but it will almost always cover the big things, ie. the most expensive things! How I laughed when the warranty company had to pay for a new engine (Å“5000 10.gif ) on my STI (No 4 piston let go blink.gif ). They even paid for uprated Cossie ones, which withstand our crappier fuel ( ranting2.gif ) better than the STI ones do. In hindsight, you could have used this as a bargaining tool to secure the deal. Always worth remembering for the next time (when you upgrade to an FRP biggrin.gif )
VW Golf MK V R32 - Outstanding car for all occasions
Ford Racing Puma #148 - What can I say that hasn't already been said about these cars?
Merc CLK 320 - Good Points - Comfortable, Bad Points - Comfortable!
Subaru Impreza Turbo WRX STI Type RA - 4 doors, 5 seats, a boot and 0-60 in 4.3! It doesn't get much better!
VW Golf MK2 GTI 16v Special (celebrating the 10 millionth Golf) - my baby, shouldn't have sold her
Pug 205 GTI 1.9 - an even bigger hoot!
Pug 205 GTI 1.6 - a hoot!
VW Beetle (new one from Mexico) - really quite good
1962 Mini 800 - always breaking down

#4 User is offline   Stacey 

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Rog @ Mar 14 2006, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The peace of mind an additional warranty can bring (above what your rights provide you with having bought a `roadworthy' car from a dealer, which remain quite extensive) I have found is worth its weight in gold. good.gif

Of course you must read the small print for what it doesn't cover, but it will almost always cover the big things, ie. the most expensive things! How I laughed when the warranty company had to pay for a new engine (Å“5000 10.gif ) on my STI (No 4 piston let go blink.gif ). They even paid for uprated Cossie ones, which withstand our crappier fuel ( ranting2.gif ) better than the STI ones do. In hindsight, you could have used this as a bargaining tool to secure the deal. Always worth remembering for the next time (when you upgrade to an FRP biggrin.gif )

lol yeah right im worryin about wrappin a 1.6 never mind an frp!!
i had already got quite a lot out of the guy so i felt a bit sorry for him if i was to ask for more!! (im a pisces - too soft!)

#5 User is offline   Rog 

• Location:In an R32 on the twisty bits of the North York Moors

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

I'll give you 3 months (about May/June time when all the FRPs come out of hibernation and you'll be drooling). wacko.gif
VW Golf MK V R32 - Outstanding car for all occasions
Ford Racing Puma #148 - What can I say that hasn't already been said about these cars?
Merc CLK 320 - Good Points - Comfortable, Bad Points - Comfortable!
Subaru Impreza Turbo WRX STI Type RA - 4 doors, 5 seats, a boot and 0-60 in 4.3! It doesn't get much better!
VW Golf MK2 GTI 16v Special (celebrating the 10 millionth Golf) - my baby, shouldn't have sold her
Pug 205 GTI 1.9 - an even bigger hoot!
Pug 205 GTI 1.6 - a hoot!
VW Beetle (new one from Mexico) - really quite good
1962 Mini 800 - always breaking down

#6 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

I looked into the warranty for my FRP but wasn't worth it as you can't take it on track and keep the cover..... but other than that it was worth a read smile.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic