Pumapeople: Air Con - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Air Con

#1 User is offline   spikeisland 

• Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hi guys just a quick one.i think my heater control valve has shot it cos it's just blowing hot all the time,but my air con isn't blowing cold either.this might be a daft question but is the air con connected to the heater system,or is it just a coincidence that this stopped blowing cold at the sme time as my heater,and the air con might just need a re charge.thanks guys I hope someone can shed some light on this,as we are finally getting some warm weather at last. ;-)

#2 User is offline   CartMan 

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

it's fairly simple. the aircon and heater are 2 seperate radiators inside the "heater" wind blows trough both at the same time, no mater if the ac is on or not the heater wil always be able to blow hot air. if the hcv is stuck, you most often get hot air, even if the ac is on. think of the ac as an air purefyer, rather than an air cooler, cool airs is mearly an added bonus as to what the ac actualy does :)

swat the hcv and you should be fine :)
1998 Puma 1.7 Replica FRP. innlet nr 138
Projekt tread http://www.pumapeopl...pic=104790&st=0

Time, is the fire in which we burn

#3 User is offline   spikeisland 

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostCartMan, on 04 June 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

it's fairly simple. the aircon and heater are 2 seperate radiators inside the "heater" wind blows trough both at the same time, no mater if the ac is on or not the heater wil always be able to blow hot air. if the hcv is stuck, you most often get hot air, even if the ac is on. think of the ac as an air purefyer, rather than an air cooler, cool airs is mearly an added bonus as to what the ac actualy does Posted Image

swat the hcv and you should be fine Posted Image

#4 User is offline   spikeisland 

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Thanks for that,that explains it then.new hcv on the way.will post when fitted cheers.

#5 User is offline   Trixie 

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

View Postspikeisland, on 04 June 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

Thanks for that,that explains it then.new hcv on the way.will post when fitted cheers.

Question - I think this is what's happened to mine (no cool air, just hot), and it's SWELTERING! Is this easy to swap out or should I get my mechanic mate to do it? I'm not entirely useless with a spanner but don't have anywhere to work on the car...

#6 User is offline   YOG 

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

http://www.pumapeopl...l_Valve_Fitting
Rick

The Haynes Fiesta Manual (3397) can answer a lot of your questions.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic