Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bike Photoshoot At Magna HDR shots

#1 User is offline   mort666 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

Evening all, or should that be morning by now? smile.gif

Have to give a big thank you to Shaz1990 first as they brought to my attention this location with the idea of a multi-forum photoshoot type meet at Magna in Rotherham, where the carpark is around the original steel works buildings, and it looks like they have also used some of the old equipment as decoration too. Wanted to get some good pictures of the bike and thought this would be ideal for an industrial type setting.

Went up there this morning and spent a while snapping away. I'm planning on doing some normal images from the shoot, but took the pictures with a view of doing an HDR set too. I've tried to keep the look pretty consistent and tried to also keep the HDR effect quite subtle too. Pretty pleased with the results I think smile.gif

All of the pictures can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mort666/sets/72157621176308929/

But here are some for you to enjoy here first smile.gif

All comments etc. are welcome as always smile.gif
Journeyed to the green hell and survived
A good friend will help you move; A true friend will help you move the bodies

#2 User is offline   3Ddunk 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:33 AM

Morning lol, looks good biggrin.gif
Posted Image
Warrington & District Motor Club

#3 User is offline   Neil 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

Nice one Paul, great pictures as always smile.gif
2006 - 2008 Ford Puma 1.7 Lux | 2008 - 2010 Ford Racing Puma #0013 | 2010 - 2012 Mini Cooper S | 2012 - ? RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup

#4 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

wow, surprised others are up this late/early laugh.gif

thanks for the comments. It's a cool location and it was nice not to be hassled by any staff even when they walked past me as I was bumping the bike up a kerb to get it onto the gravelly stuff biggrin.gif

It would be cool to go back in the winter when it's dark early on (the place shuts at 5PM normally) and get some more pictures with everything lit up biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:23 AM

should also point out that all of the pics are straight from the camera via photomatix to do the HDR processing, no further cropping or clonin was involved as I wanted to try doing them with minimal extra work. I think some of them could do with the odd tweak but nothing too drastic I hope smile.gif

#6 User is offline   pumanurse 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

you should have said you were coming up Paul, we'd have invited you over for dinner!!

Nice pics
No Comment

#7 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

Thanks Yvonne,

To be honest I didn't think about it. It was a sort of early start, shoot the pictures and then back home to do a couple of errands before heading to my mates house.

I'll have to remember for next time smile.gif

#8 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

Missed this thread earlier.

Paul, these are stunning. You've really cracked the processing biggrin.gif
Matt and Tiggr

"i have seen things you people couldn't believe; attack ships off the shoulder of orion. I watched c-beams at the tannhauser gate. all these things will be lost in time....like tears in the rain........
Time....to...die........"

#9 User is offline   mort666 

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

Thanks a lot for the really nice comment Matt.

A couple of them could do with a little bit of cloning work to remove a couple of background objects, the main one being the lamp post which was in one picture, but I wanted to see what I could do without cropping and PP other than the HDR processing so all of these are the full frame from the camera. I thought it would be good to think more about the initial framing of the shots instead of not zooming in so close and then just cropping them down to suit.
Hopefully I think I succeeded in keeping the effect quite subtle too. I've seen a lot of HDR stuff recently which seems very over the top with quite harsh over sauturated colours (even though I like a slightly increased saturation level from what the camera takes on a lot of the race pictures I have done).

I'm not sure which way the light would come in to the car park, but I've been wondering what it would be like there around sunset, although because they generally close the place at 5PM it would have to be at the right time of year to catch it. It might also be interesting during winter time when you can get into the car park when it's dark and everything is lit up too smile.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic