Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Green-Tinted Clearcoat?

#1 User is offline   Rids 

• Group: Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

Hi,

I bought a aerosol paint kit (consisted of a Zinc Yellow basecoat can and a clearcoat can) from a Ford dealer and followed the instructions, painting several coats of base followed by a couple of coats of clearcoat (with the appropriate drying times between each coat). All was going well until it came to the clearcoat- I noticed strightaway that the clearcoat had a fairly strong green tint to it. Is this normal? I thought that the greeny colour might disappear when the clearcoat dried- which it did in some places- but I was left with patches of laquer that were still looked decidedly green even the next day! :angry:/>

Anyone experienced this or know if the laquer is supposed to be tinted green? I shook the can thorougly before spraying. I can only think that maybe I put the clearcoat on too thickly?

Cheers,
Steve

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

Was there a date on the can?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   Rids 

• Group: Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

View Posthappy-kat, on 04 February 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Was there a date on the can?

I didn't think to look- I'll check it out when I get home. I got it from the dealers last week who had to order it in, but I guess it may have been sitting round in a warehouse somewhere for quite a while...

However, even with a green tint it still looks better than the orange rust that was there before! :lol:/>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic