Pumapeople: Heater Fan Stopped Working - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heater Fan Stopped Working

#1 User is offline   TurboJ 

• Group: Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

I have had problems with my heater HCV is faulty and I had a water leak. Fixed the leak and ordered a new HCV so those are sorted,
but now the heater fan doesn't work at all.

It's likely not the resistor pack since not even the speed 4 works. The fuse is intact.

What I don't understand is how the heater fan stopped working completely so suddenly. It doesn't move at all but prior to this there were no problems with it. No noise, nothing.

Now, if the heater fan motor is bust, how do I get to it? Is there a guide to changing the motor somewhere? I'm an experienced mechanic, it's just that I can't find info on the Puma
anywhere.

Is there a relay in this system also? Cause that's something I haven't checked yet.

I would assume the fault has to be either the motor or the control panel, since wires inside the dash bord will not just get cut by themselves...

Please help as I have to get this fixed soon (Finnish winter is impossible without a heater).

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hi
The Puma is 75% Fiesta so the Haynes manual will help.
The one that might help is on this Wiki article. Whilst the engine is different the components like the heater stuff share with the Fiesta pretty much.
http://www.pumapeopl...e=Haynes_Manual

Yes there might be a relay.
This great article might help with that.
http://www.pumapeopl...entral_Fuse_Box
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   TurboJ 

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

I found out yesterday where the fault is located,

Just out of curiosity, I tried fiddling with the heater resistor pack and associated wires - I found a connection issue there. When I tap the connector on the resistor pack, the blower motor will come back on and then die over again.

So there's either a bad circuit on the resistor pack or one of the associated connectors are breaking up the current. Good thing as this should be easy to fix. Thanks for your help guys!

This post has been edited by TurboJ: 19 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

#4 User is offline   TurboJ 

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

I fixed the fault yesterday. Some 'professionals' had been fettling with the issue at some point in the past - the fuse had many scratches from it being taken on and off many times, and the heater resistor pack plug had been replaced by Abiko-connectors.

Well, the 'pros' had overlooked the heater motor plug (even though they had opened and checked it) which had melted badly. So replacing that plug fixed the issue completely.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic