Pumapeople: Power Oulet - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Power Oulet

#1 User is offline   OwenRW 

• Group: Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:38 AM

Not sure if this is the right bit of the forum, but thought someone might find it useful...

As I don't smoke and therfore don't need the cigar lighter, I thought I would replace it with a 'power outlet' cover like you get in most new cars.

So, with this thought in mind I bought one off eBay, only to discover there was no way it would simply fit in the hole. Typical!

I didn, however, notice that the 'clip' bit on the cover was round about the same size as the metal surround on the cigar lighter... so with a bit of gentle persuasion, followed by some brute force, i dismantled the cigar lighter, removed the internals then pushed the power outlet cover inside the carrier, added a drop of super glue to ensure it wouldn't come out and ended up with this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   ally frp364 

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:27 PM

Cool mod!

I like yourself do not smoke(or would permit anyone to smoke in my car) and have no need for it. I will add it to my weight saving program :lol:

This post has been edited by ally frp364: 10 December 2009 - 12:28 PM

#3 User is offline   chestnutree 

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

Nifty!

I would like one too as i don't even have a fag lighter plug thing, it's just an empty hole,lol.

Did any pumas already come with the power outlet cover? i thought i saw some pics of them with them in but i don't understand why mine wouldn't have come with one?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic