Pumapeople: Almost New Puma - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Almost New Puma

#1 User is offline   minty44 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Hi,I am new to this forum. I have a 1.7 1999 V plate Puma with just under 6100 miles on the clock (no I have not missed off a 0 !) Bought by me new in 1999, but only used for 6 months before being stored in my garage till 2004 when it came out for an MOT, but due to circumstances (not suitable for a family car) got no further use and been in there since.

As you can see I have kept this car for several years thinking that one day I might use it. Still not really in the position to (time and unsuitability for me at the moment) use it but don't think that I can part with it. However being realistic, I probably should sell it as it's difficult to keep the space to store it.

The car is totally original, never been serviced as not been in use long enough! it's the Lux pack version A/C cd player etc. No rust anywhere as been dry stored. Smells like new inside.

Should I sell? Should I keep ? If I do sell what's it worth ?

#2 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hi,

Welcome here,

If you think you might use it down the line and you don't have to sell it for financial reasons or any other reasons and you have a place for it then I don't see why you cannot keep it. :)
Posted Image
Ford Puma 1.7 2008 ~ Ford Puma Thunder 1.7 2008 - ~ Ford Racing Puma (0182/500) 2011 -

#3 User is offline   Y0ungn1ck 

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum. I thought I had low mileage Pumas - first bought with 25k miles and the second with 27k miles.
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 in Medium Steel Blue, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3 in Wedgewood Blue, 2016 VW Polo GTI 1.8 TSI in Flash Red.

#4 User is offline   nottadam 

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

If you don't need to sell it then don't. That's my advice. Will be a definate collectors car, you won't lose any money on it from now on.
If you do decide to sell then remember it will need 'recommissioning' for road use.
Full service including all fluids, brake overhaul and a new cam belt.
Unless of course someone just wants to store it away again.
Sounds like a beaut though, what colour is it?
And where are you,? I would like to come and smell itPosted Image

Paul
FRP#008, 2001 1.6 Med Steel Blue, Fiesta 1.5 TDCi Zetec S

#5 User is offline   minty44 

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

Hi, and thank's for the replies which confirm my thoughts of keep it. As said space is the issue and other family members are fighting for it (the space not the car!)

I certainly would like to use it in the future, but perhaps as a concours car and very limited use to keep it pristine and original. Will have to come up with a storage solution. I will keep an eye on this forum from now on so that when the Puma sees light of day again I have a bit more Puma related knowledge.

It's a Moondust silver 1.7 by the way with Lux pack as it came out of the showroom, and my reason for asking what people think it's worth are curiosity rather than wanting to sell it. The value of a car like this is very difficult to judge with FRP's going sub £4000, but then again they have done high miles and are not pristine and original at that price......

#6 User is offline   JHT1888 

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

There was a Silver Puma at a garage called Korlund Biler which is in Denmark that was for sale last year and the car really was brand new going for about 4-7 grand and it had the Black Limited Edition alloys on it. If you do a google search it might still show up.

This post has been edited by JHT1888: 22 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

Posted Image
Ford Puma 1.7 2008 ~ Ford Puma Thunder 1.7 2008 - ~ Ford Racing Puma (0182/500) 2011 -

#7 User is offline   Greybeard 

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

View PostJHT1888, on 20 April 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

There was a Silver Puma at a garage called Korlund Biler which is in Denmark that was for sale last year and the car really was brand new going for about 4-7 grand and it had the Black Limited Edition alloys on it. If you do a google search it might still show up.
It's here http://www.bilbasen....16v-coup/574205 at £9,636

Posted Image

The pictures of the underside are incredible.

It's a 1.4, 1999 with 8,700 miles on it: one lady owner who was born 1929...

#8 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

I'd keep the Puma :D and I would consider doing the interior rust protection work to help prevent the rear arches rotting and also consider a clear rust protection treatment for the chassis/underside.
New car smell must have that so special feel when you sit in it.
It would be worth more to me to keep then any price tag to sell. In the future nests fledge and then you have a hobby right there.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic