Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Might Be Getting A Puma? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Richy19 

• Group: Members

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:49 PM

Hi all!

I have noticed an ad in my town for a puma going for £500 and wondered if that is too cheap of a price?
Its a 1.6 with around 80k miles, 2000 reg and MOT for another 8 months.
The guy hasnt really given much else away other than "dives well" which could mean anything, does this sound like it could be a dodgy car? Or do standard pumas usually go for cheap?

Also, are there any specific things to look out for when buying a second hand 1.6 puma?

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

Hi
You could look in AutoTrader for a 1.6 Puma in say a 200 mile radius of your home to see what sort of prices in general they are going for.
As a minimun could do a standard second hand buyer car list check, the AA may have one.
Check what maintenance history the car has so you might know if iyou need to get lots or not a lot done based on what it has had.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   Y0ungn1ck 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:02 AM

Certainly worth a look if it is close to home.
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 in Medium Steel Blue, 1971 Triumph GT6 Mk3 in Wedgewood Blue, 2016 VW Polo GTI 1.8 TSI in Flash Red.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic