Pumapeople: 1st March 2003 - Ford Dealer Open Day + Technical Clinic - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1st March 2003 - Ford Dealer Open Day + Technical Clinic

#1 User is offline   sky 

• Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2003 - 12:52 AM

Date & Time: 01 March 2003 @ 12:30

Location (Town/City): Brighton, East Sussex.

Venue: Evans Halshaw Ford.

Contact Person: Chris Downes - R5CPD@aol.com - Mob. 07719748863

Details/Directions:

Take part in this Pumapeople visit to Brighton's CMA Ford Dealer. This meet gives us all an exciting opportunity to see behind the scenes of the Service, Sales, Parts, and Rapid-Fit sections of this busy dealership.

The meet starting point will be at the Sainsbury Car Park in Portslade, Brighton. The store can be found just off the second roundabout along the A293, about a mile after it's junction with the A27. Multimap link:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=5...000&coordsys=gb ://http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....00&coordsys=gb ://http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....00&coordsys=gb

The first part of the visit will consist of a tour around the various departments of the garage. The tour will include a demonstration of Ford's Microcat parts and TIS service computer programs. Also, a full range of new Ford vehicles will be available for your inspection.

A Puma Technical Clinic will form the second part of the the visit. The Service Department's Workshop Controller will be on hand to discuss the various technical features of the Puma. A display of Ford's WDS diagnostic computer will also be carried out. An open session will then follow in which any concerns or questions about your Puma can be answered.

Once the visit has been completed, Lunch can be enjoyed in Brighton. Also, the City's many famous landmarks, such as the West Pier and Brighton Pavilion can be seen during the course of the meet.

If you have any queries or questions about this visit, please feel free to contact me. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you all there.

#2 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:20 PM

Meet Start Point Directions + Attendee Registration. biggrin.gif

This is a list of the PP I am expecting to come along to the Ford Dealer Open Day meet this Saturday. If there is a (?) alongside your name, then I am not sure if you are still going to attend :? Therefore, please reply to this post with confirmation. If you are planning to come along, but are not on this list, please also reply to this post. tongue.gif

Faye Gallacher
Mark Lockwood (TBA - Sat AM)
Craig Parker
Phillip Legg (?)
Richard Brown
Darren Williams (?)
AdFRP (?)
Gay Sutherland

These are some more detailed directions to find the Sainsburys Store.

From M23 / A23. :arrow:

As you approach Brighton from the southbound M23 / A23, there is a large roundabout at the end of the dual-carriageway. When nearing this, follow the signs for 'A27 Hove, Worthing' and then take the first exit off the mini-roundabout at the top of the slip road. Join the Westbound A27 and continue along (3 miles Approx.) the dual-carriageway, before exiting the at the second junction after the joining the A27. This junction is signposted 'A293 Portslade, Shoreham' (Hangleton Interchange). Once off the A27, take the first exit at the roundabout at the bottom of the slip road. Continue along the A293, take the second exit at the next roundabout you see, before entering Sainsburys at the next roundabout's first exit.

From Eastbound A27. :arrow:

As you approach the Brighton area along the A27, you will encounter a large set of Traffic Lights at the junction for Shoreham Airport. Continue along the A27 dual-carriageway until you enter a large tunnel (Southwick Tunnel). Exit the A27 at the next junction after this tunnel, this junction will be signposted 'Hangleton Interchange, A293 Portslade, Shoreham' At the roundabout at the bottom of the slip road, take the second exit, before going back under the A27 and then take the first exit at the next roundabout. Continue along the A293, take the second exit at the next roundabout you see, before entering Sainsburys at the next roundabout's first exit.

I hope that these directions help. biggrin.gif

I've booked us all in for a meal at the Katarina in Brighton Marina. I'm planning for us to eat at about 16.00. So it might me sensible to grab a quick bite at the Sainsburys store. :wink:

If you have any queries or questions about Saturday's meet, then please feel free to contact me. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you all there tongue.gif
Posted Image

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:36 PM

Chris, did you forget us :cry: We will be there.

#4 User is offline   Tim 

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:44 PM

Chris, did you forget us :cry: We will be there.

Oops! Sorry forgot to log in :oops:
Tim & Jackie
J8 UMA

#5 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:46 PM

If that's Tim & Jackie, then yes I did :roll:

How could I forget you both? tongue.gif

Sorry about that, but I've only a print out of attendee's from the 10th. I've no idea if anyone else is planning on coming. I'm also expecting a couple of Puma & RS customers I've invited along from work. I'm realisticaly expecting about 10 Kats and 15 people to attend. Whatever the numbers, it should prove to be a very interesting and educational meet biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 26 February 2003 - 10:06 PM

Meet Update biggrin.gif

I'm pleased to say that those attending this Saturday's Meet will now have the opportunity to test-drive a selection of the Ford range, including the Focus ST-170.

Also, there will be a sandwich buffet laid on for us all during the meet.

Again, if you have any questions, then please just let me know. tongue.gif
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 26 February 2003 - 10:11 PM

I think pooo... as I will miss this and it seems to be a gr8 meet in the offing smile.gif well done Chris in advance smile.gif

will peeps need their license if they want to do a test drive?
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#8 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 26 February 2003 - 10:29 PM

That's sad to hear that you can't come along sad.gif

However, if those attending on Saturday feel that the Meet was a success. Then I'm sure that I could arrange another later in the year. smile.gif I spoke with our Dealer Principal today and he is also every much behind this event.

In addition to the Puma Technical Clinic and dealer tour, I would hope that the Test-drive session would give everyone a chance to experience first-hand a selection of the current Ford range. I requested a Focus ST-170 to be made available, as it's the nearest replacment for the Puma in the Ford range. I'm sure that you will all be interested to see how the Focus compares. :wink:

It's not formally required, but it might be sensible to bring along you Driving Licence just in case. You will also be accompanied by a member of staff during the Test-drives, most likely to be myself biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   MY02 PMA 

Posted 27 February 2003 - 06:42 PM

Chris, just to let you know, I will definitely be there on Saturday, but won't be at the the meal after, as I'll be going back to see my Mum. As they live closer to Brighton than I do I'll go there first and then to Brighton and then back. Really looking forawrd to it, see you Saturday.
Mark Lockwood

'Once a Puma owner, always a Puma lover'

user posted image

#10 User is offline   R5CPD 

Posted 27 February 2003 - 07:31 PM

That's great to hear Mark biggrin.gif

I'll look forward to meeting you on Saturday. tongue.gif
Posted Image

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:46 PM

Hi Chris

This is to let you know that Darren Williams and his girlfriend Laura are definately attending the meet on March 1st 2003

Darren

#12 User is offline   puma_driver 

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:51 PM

Well.....what the hell is happening!!!! :?: I've been away for 2 weeks and PP has been turned upside down!

Appologies for being absent for so long. Various reasons, 1) My computer broke after my Dad played with it....strange that and needed rebuilding and 2) I have been away from home and haven't had time. Add to the fact I haven't had a day off in weeks, I think its time to take time out (yeah right!) laugh.gif

Well Chris, I have managed to pull Saturday off so I will be there (if I wake up! :wink: ) Am looking forward to it as if I wasn't going to your meet, I'd be at work AGAIN!

In the last week I have travelled 1300 miles and the problem I spoke to you a couple of weeks ago has come back....hopefully we'll be able to see this on Saturday?

Let me know if you get this...by txt or reply. I still haven't got to my mail yet and no doubt hotmail are returning everything so no point trying there.

We see you on Saturday....with a clean car if I get up early enough ha ha ha!!! :roll:

Phil
If your crafty and you know it

#13 User is offline   MY02 PMA 

Posted 02 March 2003 - 07:21 PM

Top event Chris, well done for organising it, had an excellent time. Will try and upload a pic to the album section.
Mark Lockwood

'Once a Puma owner, always a Puma lover'

user posted image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic