Pumapeople: My Puma Black On Tv! In California! - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Puma Black On Tv! In California! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   usapuma 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:48 AM

Some may be aware that I was mental enough to take a Puma Black edition across the pond and drive across 26 states, a district and a province. If you missed it, check out usapuma.blogspot.com

Some of you may also have noticed and maybe even seen the documentary I compiled from Detroit to San Francisco. If you missed that, you can check it out at http://www.youtube.c...8GpJIJhKtAM2ZFJ

However, as the title suggest, all this crazy driving malarkey caught the attention of auto-journalists, Ford, Sir Ian Callum (who designed our car) and a small TV show in San Fransisco called 10 per cent. Here is the link to the episode, which aired in Dec 14 2016: https://youtu.be/sLYA-ocEn8M

It was cool to be interviewed at the end of the trip in the city I was trying to get to all along. It was a bit like the bit of ribbon at the end of the race.

Anyway, thought I'd share :)/>

This post has been edited by usapuma: 15 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:10 PM

That was very cool!
Chris you forgot that the Racing Puma, several press cars, were shipped over to the States and then back again to the UK.
You'll have to at least keep the gear knob from your Puma :-)
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   usapuma 

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

Ah - yes, I remember there was a racing puma for a static shoot because I found a source from the point of view of the guy that drove it - but I didn't know there was more than one regular car?

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

The press cars went and did a drive and went to a well known drive circuit, I'll dig details out later. I have the CD that was listened to on the drive signed by the team.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#5 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

It was a 500 mile circuit taking in the Thunderhill Park circuit with unlimited driving for three hours then on a cruise out towards the Pacific coast on a spectacular route through Bogeda Bay. It's why V4 FRP has a tyre fixing in the boot as to with the others. V1FRP, V6FRP V4FRP basically all 6 press cars went.

Your Puma is the only customer Puma that is some achievement. Your journey has been fabulous.

#6 User is offline   pumamartin 

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

Was great to follow you and your Puma. :cool:

#7 User is offline   Rayy 

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

Really enjoyed watching your video(s) on YouTube Posted Image
Owner: FRP #076
Current mile muncher: 2014(64) Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCI 200 Titanium X Sport - Frozen White

Previous:
2009(09) Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI | 2008(08) Mk7 Ford Fiesta TDCI Zetec S | 1999(T) Rover 420 | 1997(.R) Rover 620 TD | 1995(M) Mk3 Ford Fiesta Si
First car: 1990(H) Mk3 Ford Fiesta Popular Plus!

#8 User is offline   usapuma 

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:23 PM

Oh my gosh that's amazing! I had no idea so many FRPs went :) I presume also that during the dining for the regular car, it's likely they would have had more than one.

Are there any images of the FRPs epic drive do we know? I'd love to see that. :)

happy-kat, on 15 December 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

It was a 500 mile circuit taking in the Thunderhill Park circuit with unlimited driving for three hours then on a cruise out towards the Pacific coast on a spectacular route through Bogeda Bay. It's why V4 FRP has a tyre fixing in the boot as to with the others. V1FRP, V6FRP V4FRP basically all 6 press cars went.

Your Puma is the only customer Puma that is some achievement. Your journey has been fabulous.

#9 User is offline   XAF 

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:30 AM

Hey Chris, brilliant updates.

So is it's fate sealed in the crusher?

I'd happily chip in to get it back!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic