Pumapeople: Rear Bumper Frp Towing Eye Cover - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rear Bumper Frp Towing Eye Cover

#1 User is offline   outhouse 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2022 - 04:05 PM

After 22 years finally lost the rear o/s towing eye cover from the rear bumper. Ironic given I had already rescued it from a car wash once this year I promptly forgot I was going to remove it before going out! These were prone to falling out from new so there are plenty to be had on ebay where I came to source a sound replacement in its original red paint (not very likely to find a Imperial Blue direct replacement) that would extend the red of the reflector.

The bumper is unique to the FRP but I figured the area around the reflectors and mounting points would be common to both. However, try as I might I can't get the replacement to "click" into place! Anyone got any hints or tips regarding seating this would be very welcome.

I have used "No Nails" (whisper it) on the car before but here it would hinder bumper removal.

Regards
John
FRP #391

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 19 August 2022 - 10:20 AM

Hi
I haven't needed to but mastic sealant might provide enough stick without being solidly stuck like glue (I haven't tried this).
Did a search but didn't find anything helpful and checking as far as can see the tow eye cover is not FRP specific.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic