Pumapeople: Missing Bolt Identification- Big Oil Leak - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing Bolt Identification- Big Oil Leak Missing bolt, oil leak

#1 User is offline   Si1881 

• Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2023 - 08:06 PM

I had a ‘failure to proceed’ as some describe it last week where the car lost most of its oil…
I think I have identified that the bolt that should act as the blank for use when using the locking tool(?) for the bottom pulley up behind the driveshaft bracket has come out. It’s the hole 90’ behind the cam belt side of the engine but can’t seem to find anything correct to fit. I’ve found a temporary blanking plug of an M10 bolt but doesn’t screw in well and don’t want to put anything too long in in case it meets something inside. I’m guessing the garage that did the belt before I had it in January didn’t do it up?!

Does anyone know what size bolt (length and thread pitch etc) should be there? it’s a real pain to get at so presume it should have a proper bolt head rather than the Allen key type plug I’ve found to stop it leaking further on the drive. Surprisingly the local main dealer weren’t very helpful…

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 02 May 2023 - 09:33 PM

Had a search and found reference to a leak like this after a cambelt change but no mention of the bolt sized used in fixing the bolt leak, good luck in fixing your Puma.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 29 October 2023 - 12:16 AM

Part number W700115-S437

FINIS 1355876

Main dealer won't help because its not listed on the 1.7 engine as its own part but its common to loads of other stuff 1.25, 1.4, 1.6 Fiesta mk5.

Bolt is M10 x 1.5 standard pitch, not sure on length, not long as you say.

Try this if the dealer still won't help -

https://www.ebay.co....ml?_nkw=W700115

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic