Pumapeople: Frp #353 For Sale Full Service History All Problem Parts Changed - Pumapeople

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frp #353 For Sale Full Service History All Problem Parts Changed

#1 User is offline   rspuma353 

• Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

Ford Racing Puma no 353 with 89600 miles

Full service history from fords and puma build with old mots and shed loads of paperwork!!

A fortune has been spent on this car to make it as mechanically sound as i could get it,who ever buys this will get a bargin in my eyes as all the common faults with frp's have been put right. DOnt let the miles put you off this car looks and drives like new you wont be dissapointed.

Number 353/500 features the usual FRP specification, with its blue Sparco seats inside (with Ford Racing and Sparco stitching), with matching blue alcantara door cards and rear seats. It has a Ford CD player and optional 6 disc changer in boot, with good speakers. Electric windows are standard, as are the electric heated mirrors, plus Air-Conditioning, which is in good order. No need to re-gas it! as its already been done. Its has also had smoked tinted windows not to dark just right.

The car is nearly standard, because only a fool would "modify" an FRP. Featuring the standard (yet incredible) Alcon Motorsport 4-piston brakes, with the new discs all round, this car outbrakes anything else Ive driven They are astonishing.

Eibach/Sachs suspension compliments the FRP, with unbeleivable handling. The turn in is razor sharp and incredibly responsive. Its the best handling FWD car in the world, better than the DC2 Integra.

The car has had a recent cam belt change and new drive shafts fitted to both sides although it only needed one, recent toyo proxys all round,discs and pads all round with uprated pads to stop brake dust getting into the pistons that are unsealed on these,new miltek stainless exhaust(producing a lovely rasp and back popping)
The engine is standard, producing 155bhp..

Due to the massive arches and bumpers on the FRP, its more prone to catching stone chips - there are a few minor ones on the car, a usual thing with an FRP. It has had some paintwork to keep it up to standard and very clean and shiney crack free.

Overall, my Racing Puma is in very good condition. The engine and mechanicals are fine,there is no crashing from suspension/bushes (although FRPs are inherantly noisey, boomy, and firm), the brakes feel brilliant, and the cambelt has been done

Factory cat 2 alarm/imobilizer with remote central locking

Selling due to buying a new car!!

Looking for 5750 ovno might take a cheaper px also

I can email anymore pictures you want taking etc.

This post has been edited by rspuma353: 21 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:59 AM

you might what to add details of that alarm? (cat 2 was standard fitment)
it is 153BHP (155PS)
you write about the high mileage and don't actually say what the mileage is.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   rspuma353 

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:59 AM

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

how long have you owned it and how many previous owners
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#5 User is offline   rspuma353 

sorry milage is 89600

Alarm is the standard ford one was told it was cat 1 but he must have got it wrong cat 2 then

4 previous owners and had it for a while now.

Cheers

Ian

This post has been edited by rspuma353: 20 July 2008 - 10:03 AM

#6 User is offline   happy-kat 

what happened to the steering wheel?

#7 User is offline   rspuma353 

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:06 AM

You ask alot of questions are you interested in buying or just pulling my add to bits. The suede was horrible on the wheel i got fed up of getting sticky hands so pulled it off intending to replace before i sell as so it looks new which i will still do depending on what i get for it.

cheers

Ian

#8 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

the steering wheel can be recovered, a few people have had this done using less than 1 metre of Alcantara, and is a cheaper option then buying a new one which you could either do or let the new owner know about doing smile.gif

#9 User is offline   eldoodarino 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:26 AM

Don't take this the wrong way... but the add is a bit IN YOUR FACE and a little BLing Bling.... looks very 'EBAY' laugh.gif for a site that already know the details of the car well maybe you could just tone it down a tad... wink.gif

how has a VERY front heavy car like the FRP got 50:50 weight distribution... ja_stupid.gif

Chris
Wizards Of Nos 60hp progressive delivery.... yeah baby yeah :-o
Denso Iridium Plugs
Helix Clutch
Mobil 1

#10 User is offline   Zip It 

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (eldoodarino @ Jul 20 2008, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks very 'EBAY' laugh.gif

That's because it is laugh.gif

Good luck with the sale.
ex - Red 2000 Puma 1.7
ex - Black Civic Type R
now - Boring Golf TDI
now - Civic I-CTDI

#11 User is offline   rspuma353 

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

Yes i copied the add off my ebay add all done toned down a bit for you hope you approve this time.

Cheers

Ian

#12 User is offline   rspuma353 

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

Right price lowered to 6200 ono might take a cheaper px for a run around as dont want to take the three door cosworth out everyday let me know what you got

Cheers

ian

#13 User is offline   rspuma353 

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

Ok i am reducing price as i now need to shift as new car arrived and not using 6000 ono might take a cheaper car as px let me know what youve got

Cheers

Ian

#14 User is offline   ScORTED 

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

is that a 3 door in your garage?

#15 User is offline   rspuma353 

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (ScORTED @ Aug 6 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is that a 3 door in your garage?

Yes it sure is hence the sale of the puma mate running stage 3 330bhp

Cheers

ian

#16 User is offline   rspuma353 

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

last reduction £5750 ovno

#17 User is offline   rspuma353 

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (rspuma353 @ Aug 21 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
last reduction £5750 ovno

I am doing something wrong here or isit the current market £5500 firm might px cheaper car

Cheers

Ian

#18 User is offline   happy-kat 

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

try Piston Head for an advert too

#19 User is offline   rspuma353 

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Sep 23 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
try Piston Head for an advert too

Thanks for your help i have already put this on here

Cheers

Ian

#20 User is offline   xerex 

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:13 PM

Not a fab time to sell with the global markets the way they are unfortunately.
Best hold onto it if you can until things pick back up imo!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic