Pumapeople: Radio Flickering Not Working - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Radio Flickering Not Working

#1 User is offline   Gaz1975 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Radio has gone on the blink today, it is flickering like it's attempting to power on.

Now we had the HCV go on Tuesday, didn't let go massively but coolant weeped out.

I'm wondering if the radio is to do with coolant on the wiring wherever that is, or if we have disturbed some wiring changing the HCV yesterday.

Having said that, it was working fine after me and Dad fitted the new HCV in artic conditions yesterday, and working fine this morning. This afternoon it's on the blink. I'm presuming some liquid got onto the connection. Maybe if I leave it switched off for a week it'll dry out.

Any ideas guys?

This post has been edited by Gaz1975: 27 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

I guess the proximity might mean it could have got wet at the back. Can't say I've ever taken my radio out.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   Ian G 

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:06 AM

Heater box should protect if but you never know. Will probably be evident if you remove the radio whether any coolant has made its way in there. It dries pink and dusty.

#4 User is offline   Gaz1975 

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

Yes, still the same, I think I'll do as you suggest, remove it and see what's up. It's the tape based radio so maybe I'll 'upgrade' to the CD version but not sure how well that'll turn out given they'll be old as well.

Maybe I could get something modern, although I'm quite partial to keeping it stock.

#5 User is offline   Ian G 

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:07 AM

No issue with reliability on the single CD - they do fail with radio reception and display problems but not in sufficient number for it to be a worry. And not if you buy one off me because I've got hundreds and I'll warranty it.

#6 User is offline   Oates 

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

The standard 6000 models are fine, just got one of Ebay to replace. Cheers. (Keep it original)

View PostGaz1975, on 03 February 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Yes, still the same, I think I'll do as you suggest, remove it and see what's up. It's the tape based radio so maybe I'll 'upgrade' to the CD version but not sure how well that'll turn out given they'll be old as well.

Maybe I could get something modern, although I'm quite partial to keeping it stock.

Matt

#7 User is offline   Gaz1975 

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for the help guys but she's put herself right after a few extra days running. Obviously just some moisture from the failed HCV.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic