Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Aux Drive Belt And Idler Pulley Replacement

#1 User is offline   The Red Baron 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hi folks,

My Puma has started to squeal when starting on damp/cold mornings. The noise dissapears after a short run and doesn't happen when it's warm (like now). I reckon the aux belt and/or idler pulley bearing are to blame. I've read you can get both from motor factors but can't find a guide on here how to replace them. Can anyone help? Is it a fairly easy job? There doesn't seem to be much room to work around the belt. Mine is a 1.7 with aircon by the way. I'm assuming the Haynes Fiesta manual is no help for this job? Many thanks.

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

Hi
There is no post with full details as such, but if you looked at these search results you might find something to help :)
http://www.pumapeopl...ch&fromsearch=1
There are more posts then that you may need to try a slightly different search :)
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   The Red Baron 

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for the reply Happy-kat. Haven't found anything from the search yet but will keep looking! Just really need to know if it is a D-I-Y job for me or not. Don't want to end up taking it to the garage with it half-done.

#4 User is offline   pumapilot 

• View gallery

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

Can be done yourself i believe if you like working in confined spaces and getting skinned knuckles etc.

Puma garage list linked in my sig block should find a 'Friendly' garage near to you.
Posted Image
Signature block created by Colin Y (BOK) & here as my tribute to him
Print your own Pumapeople fliers by clicking here
PUMA GARAGE LIST LINK
Tremona Garage

#5 User is offline   The Red Baron 

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for advice. If anyone has done this themselves would appreciate a "how difficult" rating. I'll usually have a go at anything up to 3 out of 5 but after that, it's off to a garage.

#6 User is offline   Tom B 

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

Does anyone have a link to the pulley that is known for making the squeak? Mine has this too but there a several variations on the parts website i try (eurocarparts) and I want the cheapest possible one :blush: but don't want to buy the wrong one lol
'01 Silver 1.7 Posted Image

#7 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

no idea re a score for difficulty as not done it
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic