• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cape Town A few holiday snaps.

#21 User is offline   BenF 

• View gallery
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

ok thanks - makes sense now, but the difference is enormous!

Someone stole my Thunder...

#22 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Goes to show the difference between jpg compression + auto and AWB and manual with raw and custom WB...

Matt and Tiggr

"i have seen things you people couldn't believe; attack ships off the shoulder of orion. I watched c-beams at the tannhauser gate. all these things will be lost in time....like tears in the rain........
Time....to...die........"

#23 User is offline   Jessie 

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

Forgot a couple

Penguins

Squirrel

Atheism is a non-prophet organisation

#24 User is offline   BenF 

• View gallery

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

love those penguins - sounds like a really amazing holiday

Someone stole my Thunder...

#25 User is offline   Midnight Blue 

• View gallery

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:52 PM

The lion pics get my vote smile.gif
Posted Image

I stole BenF's Thunder ...

Pat

#26 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:16 AM

Ben, it was amazing. Long flight, but as time zones are roughly aligned no jet lag. Made choice of night flights too to maximise the holiday time.

Terminal 5 at Heathrow is an absolute joy to use. Soooo much less stressful than the usual cack you get trying to get on a flight.

As for South Africa, it is an amazing country. People seemed friendly, the hotels were superb ( Protea Fire and Ice being one I can heartily recommend ) and they drive on the left! Bought southern africa Tomtom map before we went, and it made touring a doddle. Only minor problem was being stopped by police and I'd left passport / driving licence in the hotel - wont make that mistake again wink.gif )

Too much to mention here, but suffice to say the scenery is just stunning. If you have been to the Dolomites, its very similar, but 20 degrees hotter biggrin.gif
Matt and Tiggr

"i have seen things you people couldn't believe; attack ships off the shoulder of orion. I watched c-beams at the tannhauser gate. all these things will be lost in time....like tears in the rain........

#27 User is offline   shyann 

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

Matt & Jessie you've got some wonderful pictures from your holiday in South Africa. biggrin.gif

It must be lovely to see the sights in the flesh biggrin.gif Thank you for sharing with suberb photos biggrin.gif

Beautiful animals & beautiful scenery biggrin.gif Makes all your cares/ worries go away biggrin.gif

We have a beautiful planet with it's diverity of life biggrin.gif So precious as well biggrin.gif

Ann

#28 User is offline   Matt & Tiggr MKIII 

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

Ann,

It was a real joy. Travelled all around the world but never been to a country I felt so at home in. Yes, it has its issues, and the slums are dreadful. Much of that can be levelled at the last administration. The work Mandella had achieved was all but dismantled after he left office, and now its very tribal. Not good for the economy, and not good for the people.

But what they have is truly amazing. Big Sky scenery to take your breath away, an old world view of life ( Cape Town is still very colonial ) and just a feeling of being able to unwind.

I ended up working whilst we were there, but even that was not a drag. Read more in those two weeks than in years, and in the first hotel was made to feel so much at home. The other two were great, but didnt have that family feel about them, bit too big for my liking, although the view from the dinner table at Stellenbosch was jaw dropping, esp as the sun set over Stellenbosch Mountain and the vineyards.

Will post some more later to make you even more jealous wink.gif
Matt and Tiggr

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic