Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

First Impressions Of A Millie not great... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   coombsfh 

• Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Dear all,

I am looking to chop in my 330d (E46) BMW for a puma. I went to see one today in Melksham and I hope it is a ratty example. A good nose around highlighted several shades of yellow, paint over rust with water between the paint and rust etc. The boot was typically useless filling with water and snarling the parcel shelf on closing.

It started well and sounded sweet enough. The throw of the gear stick was impressively small. However, the driving position was not brilliant. I felt my knees were very close to the bottom of the wheel and there is no way to adjust this. I am by no means a giant but am >6ft and would like suggestions on whether there are remedies for this (lowered seat rails/Mitsubishi FTO seats etc).

Still want to see a good puma but this one was a bit of a pig!

Best,

Fred.

#2 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hi
The seat base has some height adjustment so hopefully it just was at the top and meant you had little room.
I can't recall which way round it goes but early Pumas had electric height adjustment which was a cleaner up/down then the later pump adjusted base which got a flatter level if you did not sit in as you tried to raise/lower it. But which was lower overall I can't recall.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#3 User is offline   coombsfh 

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

View Posthappy-kat, on 22 October 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Hi
The seat base has some height adjustment so hopefully it just was at the top and meant you had little room.
I can't recall which way round it goes but early Pumas had electric height adjustment which was a cleaner up/down then the later pump adjusted base which got a flatter level if you did not sit in as you tried to raise/lower it. But which was lower overall I can't recall.

Couldn't see any adjustment on these recaro leather seats - just the slidey back and forth jobby.

#4 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

If it has the electic seat base it is a small button on the seat base at the front.
If it had the pump base then there is a handle on the right hand side of the seat base.
I am thinking it had the electic seat base version.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#5 User is offline   101 

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

IIRC all millenniums had leccy rise and fall and the button is front left certainly that is where mine is (does take some finding even now after all these years) :roflmao:

This post has been edited by 101: 22 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Steve 'N' TB4
Chaos, panic, & disorder - My work here is done
HEAD ZINCHEAD OF THE YELLOW POSSE
Save A Tree, Eat Some Beaver
TWOFIVE weeks and counting TB4's semi retirement party is comingBLOODY FORD

#6 User is offline   Dogsbody 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hi Fred, you went to have a look then :)
Keep up the search, one will turn up.
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic