Pumapeople: Just About To Buy A Puma Black And Need Some Advice! (paintwork And Interior) - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just About To Buy A Puma Black And Need Some Advice! (paintwork And Interior) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jayl1985 

• Group: Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

Hi all! just about to buy my first Ford Puma and wanted advice on two things..

The black paintwork has very small scratches (looks like from over washing the car) across areas of the car. What would be the best product to use in improving the paintwork condition? Someone told me just get hold of some T-cut

Second thing is to do with the interior..

A plastic panel has started to come away on the dashboard. Its located where the passenger door and dashboard meet. Just wondered where I could pick up another one of these plastic panels as mine seems to be knackered!!

Many thanks,

JayL

#2 User is offline   cgandps 

• View gallery

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

I think I'd opt for Meguiars Scratch X before T Cut

Welcome along

Claire

#3 User is offline   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:59 PM

welcome biggrin.gif

the Wiki (top of screen) has a buyers checklist and a good and the ugly article, plus a special editions article so you can check what the Black should come with versus a Puma in Black smile.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   julian924s 

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

Hi JayL - Got a Black myself, probably already know / have heard that there a nightmare to keep clean. Look good when done though but lasts less than a day !!

Also the plastic trim I think your referring to is the same as mine, atleast one of the plastic clips just isn't strong enough to hold it - I just ignore it now.

J.
VX Vectra-C CDTi SRi 150

#5 User is offline   jayl1985 

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (happy-kat @ Jul 14 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome biggrin.gif

the Wiki (top of screen) has a buyers checklist and a good and the ugly article, plus a special editions article so you can check what the Black should come with versus a Puma in Black smile.gif

Thanks for the info. I know the difference between the two and the car I am buying is a Puma Black edition.. I just wanted to know peoples views on the two aspects of the car I mentioned. (Sorry if it didn't make sense)

Thanks for the info everyone.. Thankfully I haven't bought the car yet. It's just had its AA inspection today and all seems well! Plus anything that needs to be done to the car I'm going to have the dealer sort out first

#6 User is offline   jayl1985 

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (julian924s @ Jul 15 2008, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi JayL - Got a Black myself, probably already know / have heard that there a nightmare to keep clean. Look good when done though but lasts less than a day !!

Also the plastic trim I think your referring to is the same as mine, atleast one of the plastic clips just isn't strong enough to hold it - I just ignore it now.

J.

Hi, yeh thats the same broken clip I'm talking about..! You can get hold of them because I'm making the dealer get me one before I buy the car from a Ford parts shop near me. Also, with regards to keeping the car clean have a look at www.Frost.co.uk. It primarily deals with classic car restoration products. But there are some great products to clean your Puma Black with. One inparticular being a huge wooden handled duster type product used in America which has a baked on wax that takes the dust film off your car and doesn't scratch the paintwork.. Never needs to be cleaned and apparently gets better the more you use it... Plus there's some great rust prevention products there too!

Jayl

#7 User is offline   shyann 

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

Hi & welcome cool.gif
Congratulations on soon-to-be Puma owner

Ann

#8 User is offline   BOK 

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

Hi

QUOTE (jayl1985 @ Jul 14 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The black paintwork has very small scratches (looks like from over washing the car) across areas of the car. What would be the best product to use in improving the paintwork condition? Someone told me just get hold of some T-cut

Second thing is to do with the interior..

A plastic panel has started to come away on the dashboard. Its located where the passenger door and dashboard meet. Just wondered where I could pick up another one of these plastic panels as mine seems to be knackered!!

I'd get the paintwork professionally mopped by a bodyshop- basically they correctly use an electric polisher and quite an aggressive cutting compound. The paint will be like new when you get it back, all you'll need to do it wash and wax it well. Far more effective than slaving over the car for hours on end until you drop from exhaustion!

I'm sure someone breaking a Puma here will have that panel, trying messaging those that are.

This post has been edited by BOK: 15 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic