• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Puma People @ Castle Combe Spring Action Day 2012

#1 User is offline   Willay 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

Ladies and Gents,

Performance Car Action Day at Castle Combe has been announced, it will take place on the Saturday 28th April 2012

I would like to organise a stand for Puma People - this is a chance for the members to show off their cars and represent the club, not to mention being able to meet other faces from the club and have a great day. The stand is for Ford Pumas only but if you have any friends who wish to display their cars I also organise another stand (please message me for details!)

The format of the show is based round the famous Castle Combe Circuit, other clubs from around the country will be in attendance showing their cars off on the stands and on the track. Everyone is able to get on the track as long as your car meets UK MOT standards and a sound test! Even if you aren't interested in track days this is a great day out for you, your friends and the family!

Prices

Entry to the show - £8 per person
Stand Pass (to get on the stand!)- Free for every member buying an entry ticket
Track Session - £25 (15min slot) - See below regarding sessions

PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY THE FIRST 28 CARS CAN GO INTO THE EXCLUSIVE SESSION, AFTER WE HAVE ALLOCATED 28 PLACES YOU CAN STILL GET ON THE STAND HOWEVER YOU WILL BE ISSUED A TRACK PASS FOR A RANDOM SLOT DURING THE DAY. PREFERENCE IS GIVEN TO MEMBERS GOING ON TRACK AS CASTLE COMBE HAVE LIMITED SPACE. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR PAYMENT IS LATE AND CASTLE COMBE LIMIT OUR AMOUNT OF CAR SPACE I WILL REFUND YOU IN FULL.

Please note that on the day entry tickets will cost more and track sessions are very limited.

Payment deadline

Deadline for ticket payment is 1st April

Car requirements

Castle Combe requires all cars to be up to MOT standards to be eligible for the general sessions. Although the scrutineers reserve the right to refuse any car track time which, in their opinion, does not conform to their general regulations. Castle Combe requires all cars to pass a 100db at 4500rpm static test 1/2 a metre away from the exhaust outlet. All cars must be wearing road going tyres, NO SLICKS (semi slicks are OK!)

Passengers on track

Passengers can turn up on the day, pay £5, sign their life away and then you are able to go in any car as a passenger.

What do I do now?

You need to get your payment to me ASAP, the fastest method currently to secure a place on our stand is PayPal, you need to work out the full amount payable and send it to willay@gmail.com AS A GIFT so no charges occur!

If you don't mark the payment as a gift I refuse the right to process your tickets or refund the FULL amount you sent.

Then you need to message me your name, full postage address, car type, registration, colour.

If you wish to send me the payment by other means such as Bank Transfer, Cheque or Cash (at your own risk!) then you need to message me.

Got that? Good, lets get going.

Cheers.

PAID LIST

1. Willay
2. Ian G
3. The Darkhorse
4. Dogsbody

This post has been edited by Willay: 14 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

#2 User is online   Ian G 

• Group: Admin

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Thanks Will

Just in case anyone isn't familiar, Will is in charge of events for my other sites and will be dealing with the PP presence at events.

This is a great event which we currently attend under the Weekend Racer banner and we're planning to get a good showing from here also.

#3 User is offline   ScubaSteve 

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

Maybe depends if tihs clashes with cage installation, if its finished il be there

#4 User is offline   the darkhorse 

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

i plan on being there fellas in the puma , i want 3 sessions please and a pass to get and a stand pass if the puma dont offend lol

#5 User is offline   the darkhorse 

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

sorry changed mind already can i have 4 track tickets please

#6 User is offline   Dogsbody 

• Group: Moderators

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

I'm working a set of night shifts over that weekend, but will pop over to Combe at some point in the afternoon when I get up to say hello and see a few people. :)
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Willay 

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

View Postthe darkhorse, on 13 February 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

sorry changed mind already can i have 4 track tickets please

Message sent!

#8 User is offline   Willay 

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostDogsbody, on 20 February 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

I'm working a set of night shifts over that weekend, but will pop over to Combe at some point in the afternoon when I get up to say hello and see a few people. :)

Cool, be good to meet you on the day! Will you bring the FRP?

#9 User is offline   Dogsbody 

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yes, Its my daily driver. Been into Chippenham with it this morning to do some shopping.
Great fun through the lanes coming home, got a bit of "air" on a couple of crests.

I have my ticket arranged already, but will see if a spare stand pass is going for when I arrive.
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Willay 

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

dogsbody - the entry ticket will allow you to drive on the stand, if you can shoot me over your details name/car reg/colour I'll put you on my list of people showing? No biggie if you are late on the day.

#11 User is offline   Willay 

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

List updated, anyone else fancy it?

#12 User is offline   Dogsbody 

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Bump Bump, Anyone else coming :unsure:

and

Have you got the pitch number yet?
Or do you know where they have put you?

I will be turning up early afternoon, so knowing roughly where you are will help when I come in the gate.

Thanks
Graham
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Willay 

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Haven't had the offical nod yet but our ticket order has gone in, due to the numbers from Puma People we will be merging the cars with our other forum Weekend Racer - we have the same space at every show, you can see it highlighted in the picture below

Posted Image

We are expecting approximately 55 cars on our stand, our dedicated session will be at 12:45!

More information to come when I get the email from Combe, expecting the tickets to come next week (16th) and I will be dispatching them to every member the same week - please note that I will be collecting track passes on the day so will hand them out when you park up at the stand and make yourself known!

Also waiting on Castle Combe to come back to me with everyones allocated track time slots if you have ordered more then one track pass!

Cheers

#14 User is offline   Dogsbody 

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Nice and easy to get to from the entrance :)
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#15 User is online   Ian G 

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Yeah we use that spot a lot, easy to find and a nice walk to both Quarry and the paddock/Camp.

Just be clear for everyone going from here - this stand will be branded Weekend Racer and have Weekend Racer flags flying when you turn up.

#16 User is offline   Willay 

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

UPDATE!

Right guys, the tickets were sent yesterday on the 23rd of April. I have only sent out the entry tickets as I collect the track passes on the day to hand them out!

On the day please turn up at a reasonable time as it can get busy when the public turn up. We (the staff) will be there the night before - if you wish to join us on Friday night please get in contact!

The stand will be organised in such a way that members can drive on and off for track sessions or leaving early.

If you are going on track please remember the following items

• Helmet
  • Long sleve top & trousers
  • Boths parts of your license - please note Castle Come never ask for this but always best to have it!

Our dedicated session (32 of us!) will be at 12:45 - PLEASE make sure you turn up in time and if you have ordered multiple sessions turn up earlier!

If you are going on track you will be required to turn up to a briefing and a sound test before you get anywhere near the track.

If you are going to passenger with someone you will also require long sleeve top & trousers and of course a helmet. There is also a sign-on process which must be completed which has a small fee attached to it.

The Weekend Racer stand & staff will be around all day to provide facilities to our members, we aim to provide the following:

• Free Drinks & Food - Hot lunch!
  • Storage for wheels, tools, laptops while you are on track
  • Cover from the elements, be it blazing sunshine or rain
  • Banter

If you have any problems or questions on the day or before please feel free to get in contact.

Stand Location

Please see the below map, we will be taking our usual spot in the highlighted area:

Posted Image

When coming in from the main gate, if you take the first left then you'll see us on your right hand side - there will be flags, marquee and a unusual amount of coke cola.

#17 User is offline   Dogsbody 

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

I expect it will be nearer to 2:00 before I get there as I'm working 12 hour nights over the weekend :(

Any chance you can leave a "Puma" sized space somewhere I can get into and out of easily, Please.

I was over Combe this morning, went to Merlin Motorsport for a fuel connector. Signs up for a major event this weekend, but none of the stands marked out yet.

Do you camp the night before, or Premier inn etc?
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#18 User is online   Ian G 

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

We're camping, the stand changes around a lot during the day with people coming and going so a space is no problem. See you on Saturday.

#19 User is offline   Dogsbody 

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostIan G, on 25 April 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

We're camping, the stand changes around a lot during the day with people coming and going so a space is no problem. See you on Saturday.

Ok :)
A showery day according to my local weather widget.
MK4 XR3i
Mk3 XR3i
R Reg 1.7 Puma
T Reg 1.7 Lux Puma
Now its Racing Puma 072

Graham

Posted Image

#20 User is online   Ian G 

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

We have anticipated such an eventuality. All will become clear on the day.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic