Pumapeople: Slipping Clutch - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slipping Clutch FRP advice needed

#1 User is offline   quickmotor 

• Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:58 AM

The clutch has started slipping quite badly over the weekend on my FRP mad.gif .

I am looking for advise on what clutch to get and if there is anything i need to tell my mechanic about changing the clutch on a puma when he is going to fix the problem ja_stupid.gif

Thanks wink.gif
IPB Image

#2 User is offline   quickmotor 

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:31 AM

would this be any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=ADME:B:EF:UK:2
IPB Image

#3 User is online   happy-kat 

• Group: Admin

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

there is lots about clutches on this site smile.gif
change the release bearing as well.
If sticking with Ford pay for the more expensive one approx ?93 + vat.
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#4 User is offline   quickmotor 

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for that. I have been getting quotes over here in Ireland to get the clutch and release bearing done. Cheapest so far was from a main Ford dealer which was for _550 which is about ?370! unsure.gif

I have no option but to get it done as since I got my FRP I have never let a car overtake me and its been killing me in the last few days being overtaken by boy racers in Saxo's and Micra's ranting2.gif
IPB Image

#5 User is online   happy-kat 

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:12 AM

?370 is only slightly higher than here. It is a couple hours labour and the release bearing is only a little cheaper than the actual clutch blink.gif
searching is fruitful | I'm a sponge not a mechanic | please do try that if stuck with a Puma problem whilst waiting for a reply | For the Puma fan this read 'The Inside Story Book' is very nice to own sometimes still seen for sale

#6 User is offline   quickmotor 

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:55 AM

Thanks. At least I know that I am not getting ripped off over here smile.gif Must get it done soon as a lot of the fun factor is gone at the moment with the clutch the way it is.

Cheers 10.gif
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   P7 TNY 

• View gallery

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:05 AM

Only a few words of advice , ensure the clutch is not reconditioned , MR Clutch use these or did on my car, and lasted ONE year
P7 TNY

P for the first letter in my surname
7 - My daughter was born on the 7th
TNY - short for TONY

my pic profile - my daughter now aged four years old, my life, my motivation, my dream

#8 User is offline   quickmotor 

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:12 AM

I will probably go to main Ford Dealer and get it done there. At least I know its in safe hands and getting the right parts.

I am going away on holidays on Sunday for a week and after they heard it was an FRP they asked if I wanted to leave it with them on Friday for the week I was away! ja_stupid.gif

Not a chance in hell. Ferris Bueller's Day Off comes to mind w00t.gif
IPB Image

#9 User is online   happy-kat 

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:42 PM

totally agree!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic