Pumapeople: Will My Car Be In Milk Float Mode Tonight? - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will My Car Be In Milk Float Mode Tonight?

#1 User is offline   BobMonkhouse 

• Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:08 PM

My car's going back to the garage for the 4th time in January as they've not been able to fix my problem with the heater control, you turn it to cold and the engine fan will come on and the temp gauge wobbles, although I must say it is better now they've changed the control valve for the second time.

The alarming thing is the power problem, for which I had a new clutch, seems to be creeping back in. After travelling at a slow speed in traffic for 10 minutes there's hardly any power when I try to pull away again afterwards, this seems to last until I stop and turn the engine off, after that it's back to normal.
Does anyone have any theories on this at all? It's like the torque limiter has kicked in, so it'll rev up but accellerate slowly.

#2 User is offline   robcrezz 

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (BobMonkhouse @ Dec 13 2006, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My car's going back to the garage for the 4th time in January as they've not been able to fix my problem with the heater control, you turn it to cold and the engine fan will come on and the temp gauge wobbles, although I must say it is better now they've changed the control valve for the second time.

The alarming thing is the power problem, for which I had a new clutch, seems to be creeping back in. After travelling at a slow speed in traffic for 10 minutes there's hardly any power when I try to pull away again afterwards, this seems to last until I stop and turn the engine off, after that it's back to normal.
Does anyone have any theories on this at all? It's like the torque limiter has kicked in, so it'll rev up but accellerate slowly.

So it revs fast but moves slow? Sounds like your clutch is still screwed mate.
IPB Image

Changed my mind.... gonna keep me puma a little longer :D

#3 User is offline   BobMonkhouse 

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (robcrezz @ Dec 14 2006, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it revs fast but moves slow? Sounds like your clutch is still screwed mate.

It does don't it sad.gif
cheers

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic