Pumapeople: General Parts - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

General Parts Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SORNY 

• Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:53 PM

HI ALL.FIRST TIME ON THE SITE.AM IN THE MARKET FOR A CAR AND WAS ORIGINALLY LOOKING FOR A HONDA CIVIC UNTIL I SPOTTED THE PUMA IN A LOCAL GARAGE.NEVER THOUGHT ID FALL FOR A FORD!THE ONE BIG QUESTION I HAVE BEFORE I PART WITH THE CASH WOULD BE THE ACCESS TO PARTS WHEN REQUIRED.EG. SHOCKS,BELTS,WATER PUMPS ETC.OR REPLACEMENT INTERIOR PARTS.CONSIDERING THE CAR HAS CEASED PRODUCTION.WOULD I BE RIGHT IN SAYING THE PUMA SHARES ALOT OF PARTS WITH THE FIESTA.AND THEREFORE PARTS WONT BE A PROBLEM.WOULD APPRECIATE A REPLY ASAP AS MY HEART IS SET ON THE PUMA.MANY THANKS....

#2 User is offline   Joey 

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:55 PM

Yep you would be right to say that (sharing parts). Parts are easy to find and pretty affordable. Trim is a bit trickier (not from Fiestas).
K&N cone filter. Blue Magnecor leads. 280mm ST150 front brake set up. Full set of Goodridge braided hoses. Orion 4 channel amp, Directed mono amp, 1F power cap, 12" Alpine sub, Kenny head unit and front components. Smoked repeaters. Osram Diadems. Osram Silverstars. LED sidelights. Toad Ai606 (+ extras) Cat 1 alarm.

Complete set of Powerflex bushes in a box in my room...

#3 User is offline   angelbabes34 

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:04 PM

hi and welcome to pp!!
don't think you will have much of a problem finding parts,alot may depend on what size engine you want to i would guess!the 1.4 and 1.6 share the fiesta engine,the 1.7 is different as is the FRP.
have a look over recent threads and post and you will find your questions answered.you will be making the right choice with a puma as there is no other car like it n my opinion!!!
i have just ordered a new back box for my puma,an original one and had no probs at my ford dealer!
good luck with your search for a puma,you will no when you have found the right puma for you!!! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by angelbabes34: 15 September 2007 - 08:58 AM

Attended so far...5th August ford fair 2007...12th August 4 counties meet
8th September Vickydinks birthday meet...29th September Dambusters meet,Sheffield...Puma and Tigra
meet at Gaydon...January 2008....NE meet...23rd February..The dales are alive with the sound of pumas,Dales meet....15th March.....this is the story so far............!!!more to come,woooo hoooo! :-)

Life can only be understood
backwards,but it
has to be lived,forwards!!!

#4 User is offline   BenF 

• View gallery

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:19 AM

welcome aboard! Good luck in your quest.

QUOTE (angelbabes34 @ Sep 15 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you will no one you have found the right one for you!!! biggrin.gif

you been on the loopy juice Julie?

Someone stole my Thunder...

#5 User is offline   angelbabes34 

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (BenF @ Sep 15 2007, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome aboard! Good luck in your quest.

you been on the loopy juice Julie?

post edited and words changed just for ben,no i was driving my puma,so no loopy juice last night!!!! bleh.gif
Attended so far...5th August ford fair 2007...12th August 4 counties meet
8th September Vickydinks birthday meet...29th September Dambusters meet,Sheffield...Puma and Tigra
meet at Gaydon...January 2008....NE meet...23rd February..The dales are alive with the sound of pumas,Dales meet....15th March.....this is the story so far............!!!more to come,woooo hoooo! :-)

Life can only be understood
backwards,but it
has to be lived,forwards!!!

#6 User is offline   SORNY 

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:00 PM

many thanks for those of you who replied to my topic.will be trading in mw bmw 318i for the puma on monday.the beemers not all its cracked up to be.but thats another story wacko.gif am sure i'll be back to torment everybody with questions about the puma fairley soon....

#7 User is offline   Neil 

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:03 PM

Look forward to it smile.gif
2006 - 2008 Ford Puma 1.7 Lux | 2008 - 2010 Ford Racing Puma #0013 | 2010 - 2012 Mini Cooper S | 2012 - ? RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup

#8 User is offline   spenspuma 

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

Hope you enjoy the Puma (most people do!!)
SPENCER
FORD PUMA THUNDER 2002 (SOLD)
HONDA CRZ 2013

#9 User is offline   Sex Kitten 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:22 PM

good move!
sex kitten
come up and see me...make me smile :wink:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO -What a Ride!:D

1.7 Moondust Silver Sep 2002 - Aug 2009, 1.7 Silver Thunder Aug 2009 -

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic