Pumapeople: What Fuse Number Is The Rear Fog Light - Pumapeople

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Fuse Number Is The Rear Fog Light REAR FOG LIGHT NOT WORKING

#1 User is offline   The wifes car 

• Group: Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

It is not clear what fuse number the rear fog light releates to from the Owners Guide - anyone got any ideas.

I have checked the bulb and that seems fine.

When the switch is pressed to the 'on' position there seems to be a click which would suggest that all is well which is a bit strange.

I take it that there is only one fog light i.e. the n/s one is a dummy (could not be bothered taking off the plastic mould on the other side to check.

#2 User is offline   Memphis 

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

According to my manual fuse 10 in the central fuse box is a 10amp fuse for 'Rear fog lamps (RHD only)'. Is that not what you're after?

This post has been edited by Memphis: 17 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

1998 Ford Puma 1.4 - 'Mia' 2008-2010
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 Thunder - '???' 2010 -

#3 User is offline   luke 

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

they're both fog lights... no dummies lol

#4 User is offline   YOG 

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

It depends which year your car was manufactured.

My Thunder was produced in Dec 2001 and has an Owner's Guide dated 06/2001 en RHD.

In it, Fuse 10 not only shows "Not used", but also does not list a fuse for the rear fogs.

Is the "click" you hear mechanically at the switch, or can you hear a relay clicking down near the central fuse box? Does the switch light up orange?

This post has been edited by YOG: 17 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Rick

The Haynes Fiesta Manual (3397) can answer a lot of your questions.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   The wifes car 

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (YOG @ Jan 17 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It depends which year your car was manufactured.

My Thunder was produced in Dec 2001 and has an Owner's Guide dated 06/2001 en RHD.

In it, Fuse 10 not only shows "Not used", but also does not list a fuse for the rear fogs.

Is the "click" you hear mechanically at the switch, or can you hear a relay clicking down near the central fuse box? Does the switch light up orange?

My book says the same as yours then.

The click is coming from the fuse box to the RHS of the steering wheel at low level i.e. where the small storage area/ dooket is.

The light on the switch illuminates when the switch is pressed on.

This post has been edited by The wifes car: 17 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

#6 User is offline   YOG 

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

I assume you had your ignition and dipped headlights on, otherwise the rear fogs don't come on. blink.gif
Rick

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   The wifes car 

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (YOG @ Jan 17 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I assume you had your ignition and dipped headlights on, otherwise the rear fogs don't come on. blink.gif

Yip - it was an MOT failure this morning.

#8 User is offline   YOG 

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

I'm struggling on this one!

Have you tried putting a meter across the bulb socket contacts? Also pull the switch from the dashboard and see if you can get a reading (lights and ignition on).

According to the Ford TIS/Fiesta Manual, there appears to be a Rear Fog Lamp Relay (with some other relays) on the Multifunction Electronic Module at the rear of the Central Fuse Box. This is where we can here a "click" with the switch in the on position. It may be that it is faulty.

Ford are not clear on a lot of things for the Puma, for example, they don't show the indicator relay position - it is plugged directly into the multi-switch for the lights, but is shown in the Fiesta Manual!

The Fiesta manual also shows a 10amp Fuse (F3) covering the rear fog relay! It might be worth you checking the F3 fuse (10amp, Red) that covers the Generic Electronic Module in our Owner's Guide, although I would have thought other items would be affected as well.
Rick

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   yippeekiay 

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:29 AM

Try the fuses under the bonnet (under passenger side/skuttle panel). I had one blow a few weeks back (60amp) and lost the fog lights along with a few other things. Might not be what your looking for but worth a try.

#10 User is offline   The wifes car 

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (yippeekiay @ Jan 19 2009, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try the fuses under the bonnet (under passenger side/skuttle panel). I had one blow a few weeks back (60amp) and lost the fog lights along with a few other things. Might not be what your looking for but worth a try.

What else did you loose?

#11 User is offline   yippeekiay 

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (The wifes car @ Jan 19 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What else did you loose?

As far as I remember I also lost the hazard warning lights (indicators ok), the heater only blew hot even when turned to cool, errrrm....radio, the speedo etc would do a self test occasionally/reset the trip and I also think the air recirculation button wouldn't work. Can't remember anything else.
It seemed to bugger up most things that needed a button pressing to work but the car still drove perfectly...lol

#12 User is offline   The wifes car 

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (yippeekiay @ Jan 20 2009, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I remember I also lost the hazard warning lights (indicators ok), the heater only blew hot even when turned to cool, errrrm....radio, the speedo etc would do a self test occasionally/reset the trip and I also think the air recirculation button wouldn't work. Can't remember anything else.
It seemed to bugger up most things that needed a button pressing to work but the car still drove perfectly...lol

All that seems fine on ours... It's booked into the garage for a new backbox and the MOT re-test so I will get the guy to fix it first!

#13 User is offline   FlashBastd 

• Group: Validating

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

I had something similar on the old E30 - the problem was just mild oxidisation on the contacts. Give both the bulb and socket contacts a good rub with wire wool, or even a scrape with a flat screwdrive. Worked for me!
2005 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
2000 Ford Focus 1.6i Ghia
2006 Renault Clio 2.0i RenaultSport 197 - SOLD
2005 Honda CR-V 2.0i Executive auto
2001 Ford Puma 1.7i Black

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic